2022/23 season predictions

I'd rather not have been close to right here though!

But yep, I said all along the goalkeeper decision would cost us a lot and it did.

So many things went wrong this season - or before and culminated in what we saw this season - but as a single, standalone decision, selling Kasper and not replacing him was by the most costly.
It wasn’t so much as Kasper going, (I think it was time for him to move on), but the protracted way in which it lingered on.
If he’d gone at the beginning of the transfer window, we may have got Pope for £10m

We were repeatedly told that we needed to sell before we bought, so how could we have got Pope?

It wasn’t so much as Kasper going, (I think it was time for him to move on), but the protracted way in which it lingered on.
If he’d gone at the beginning of the transfer window, we may have got Pope for £10m

Like I said, it was selling Kasper and not replacing him.

If we'd replaced him with anything like a Premier League standard keeper, we'd have stayed up. But if we'd just stuck with Kasper, we'd have stayed up.

Like I said, it was selling Kasper and not replacing him.

If we'd replaced him with anything like a Premier League standard keeper, we'd have stayed up. But if we'd just stuck with Kasper, we'd have stayed up.
I think you may be right.

That decision squarely sits with n BR’s shoulders.

Wasn’t Kasper one game away from a record of consecutive appearances when BR dropped him for the ‘Mighty Welsh Wizard?”

I think you may be right.

That decision squarely sits with n BR’s shoulders.

Wasn’t Kasper one game away from a record of consecutive appearances when BR dropped him for the ‘Mighty Welsh Wizard?”

Should have been sacked just for making this statement.

Should have been sacked just for making this statement.
People complain when Rodgers told players they weren't good enough, people complain when Rodgers told players they were.

I think this is one time when he did the right thing, making as good a fist of a bad hand as he could and publically supporting a player. The board shouldn't haven't put him in that position. Plenty of other times he was wrong, but rather than be sacked he might reflect that this is the time he should have resigned

People complain when Rodgers told players they weren't good enough, people complain when Rodgers told players they were.

I think this is one time when he did the right thing, making as good a fist of a bad hand as he could and publically supporting a player. The board shouldn't haven't put him in that position. Plenty of other times he was wrong, but rather than be sacked he might reflect that this is the time he should have resigned
You think that the board put him under pressure to sell Kasper?

Even if you are right, Cyclopes with a cataract, awful hay fever, an eye infection and a patch over the ****er could see that Iversen was a far better goalkeeper than Danny Fraud.

So even though this was last season, do you still buy Rodger's narrative that the lack of funds was a total shock to him?

According to the reports, he fell out with Kasper and wanted him gone because he was difficult (or had high standards?). This statement wasn't made to provide confidence to Danny Ward, it was to force Kasper out the door.

I think in retrospect, both the club and Rodgers will think that it would have been better to have made a change over the summer, obviously us fans do too. Rodgers will have known that players needed to leave before he could sign anyone, but it wasn't his job to move them on (that's on Rudkin). Perhaps he didn't realise that we wouldn't manage to shift anyone over the summer and thought some headroom for signings would be generated when ultimately that didn't happen until right at the end of the window with Wesliniho going, and that was the shock - and let's not kid around, Rudkin's ability to do his job has been shocking. I'm not sure I can blame Rodgers for not doing Rudkin's job for him, so I'm also not sure about the narrative that he did but just to shift Kasper

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463