2022/23 season predictions

I can't think of a British manager better qualified, and when I think of well qualified overseas coaches who know England well I can only think of Mourinho and that terrifies me. Southgate might bring it home in December though, in which case it's all moot
I meant more the role won’t be open.

I hope we do well because I hate every team in this league. All of them. Newcastle most of all because of the depths they have sunk to, then the breakaway scab clubs, then the rest of them. Unlikeable shower of ****s. We’ll probably be relegated. F*** it, we’ve completed football anyway. Who cares. There is very little left that is likeable about football in its current state.

I hope we do well because I hate every team in this league. All of them. Newcastle most of all because of the depths they have sunk to, then the breakaway scab clubs, then the rest of them. Unlikeable shower of ****s. We’ll probably be relegated. F*** it, we’ve completed football anyway. Who cares. There is very little left that is likeable about football in its current state.
You ok Hun?

I half watched some of the Everton v Chelsea game.

The bias towards both of Hesse teams and indeed their manager (FLE) was puke worthy.

Big Dunc and the team eulogising and waxing lyrical about how good a team Everton are/will be and the rudeness regarding Fofana made me want to punch the telly. When they were talking about Chelsea buying him they didn’t even have the courtesy to mention LCFC, it was as if they were buying cornflakes in the supermarket or something.

The rudeness regarding Fofana made me want to punch the telly. When they were talking about Chelsea buying him they didn’t even have the courtesy to mention LCFC, it was as if they were buying cornflakes in the supermarket or something.

Food chain init. We're exactly the same when we pilfer from clubs weaker than we are.

I half watched some of the Everton v Chelsea game.

The bias towards both of Hesse teams and indeed their manager (FLE) was puke worthy.

Big Dunc and the team eulogising and waxing lyrical about how good a team Everton are/will be and the rudeness regarding Fofana made me want to punch the telly. When they were talking about Chelsea buying him they didn’t even have the courtesy to mention LCFC, it was as if they were buying cornflakes in the supermarket or something.
I have posted it elsewhere, but before the window they were £148.8m in debt. They have so far spent £163.3m. Fofana will be a further £100m approx.

Anyone seen the film the big short? Can we create some sort of credit default swap against football that pays out when the whole house of cards collapses.

So much of our society is ****ing burning and ****s like Chelsea are throwing close to half a billion at people who kick a ball for a living.

What’s more,, Everton were dreadful, and Chelsea weren’t much better.

Where will we finish: 4th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 22
Player of the season: Maddison
Best young player: Fofana
Most disappointing player (old or new): Soumare
Most improved player: Daka
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Quarter finals
How far will we go in the League Cup: Semi finals
Best result of the season: 5-1 Everton at home
Worst result of the season: 0-4 Man United away
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? Yes
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? City leave it late to seal champions league spot.
Who will win the league: Man City
Who will get relegated: Everton, Forest, Fulham
Will any 'other' team break into the Top 6: Yes, West Ham

Where will we finish: 4th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 22
Most disappointing player (old or new): Soumare
Most improved player: Daka
How far will we go in the FA Cup: Quarter finals
How far will we go in the League Cup: Semi finals
Best result of the season: 5-1 Everton at home
Worst result of the season: 0-4 Man United away
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? Yes
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? City leave it late to seal champions league spot.
Who will get relegated: Everton, Forest, Fulham
Will any 'other' team break into the Top 6: Yes, West Ham

Ha ha what an optimistic idiot! Oh wait...

Yikes.

Well - that was embarrassing.
The only one I got right was Brendan wouldn't be manager at the end of the season.

God... reading these seems so sad now. It looks so naive but I would have been the same if I'd done my prediction.

It's notable how many people predicted Vardy would score a decent number of goals.

The only person with some astute insight of the doom that awaited us was Graz Graz . Plus, he predicted the our biggest home win correctly.

I feel like I'm usually an optimist, but Kasper going, no new signings and now already starting with Ricardo and Barnes injured is really not making me feel excited or positive about this season in anyway.

Avoiding injuries is the one hope for our season to be improved on last year, and it's not a good sign so far. Plus Vardy and Evans will presumably play less games again, and no one can convince me we're not weaker with Kasper being replaced by Ward/Iversen

I said before we could finish anywhere between 5th and 17th. I'm revising that down to 10th-18th. Still don't think we'll go down - but depends how bad this season's injuries get.

Where will we finish: 12th
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Vardy 14
Most disappointing player (old or new): Perez
Most improved player: Praet
How far will we go in the FA Cup: 5th round
How far will we go in the League Cup: quarter finals
Best result of the season: 4-0 Forest at home
Worst result of the season: 1-6 Man City away
Will Rodgers still be manager at the end of the season? yes
What will be The Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Vardy bows out
Who will get relegated: Fulham, Bournemouth, Forest
Will any 'other' team break into the Top 6: no

God... reading these seems so sad now. It looks so naive but I would have been the same if I'd done my prediction.

It's notable how many people predicted Vardy would score a decent number of goals.

The only person with some astute insight of the doom that awaited us was Graz Graz . Plus, he predicted the our biggest home win correctly.

I'd rather not have been close to right here though!

But yep, I said all along the goalkeeper decision would cost us a lot and it did.

So many things went wrong this season - or before and culminated in what we saw this season - but as a single, standalone decision, selling Kasper and not replacing him was by the most costly.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363