2nd hand cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

p d s

On a similar note to my earlier thread about insurance.
Can any one recommend a good place to get a second hand car in the Leicester area?
My budget is around
£800 -£1500.

Cheers.

What sort of car do you want?

If its your first one on your own insurance i'd look at a small hatchback such as a Fiesta. They are dirt cheap to repair and you can pick them up for next to nothing on ebay.

Look at insurance on the 1.3 and the 1.25. The 1.3 is an endura and dog slow, the 1.25 is a little pop rocket ideal for buzzing around.

What sort of car do you want?

If its your first one on your own insurance i'd look at a small hatchback such as a Fiesta. They are dirt cheap to repair and you can pick them up for next to nothing on ebay.

Look at insurance on the 1.3 and the 1.25. The 1.3 is an endura and dog slow, the 1.25 is a little pop rocket ideal for buzzing around.

Not really sure what I am looking for something like a Fiesta you mentioned or Corsa,Clio, that type of thing. It will be the first car I have owned and insured solely.

Last edited:
French cars are typically more expensive to repair (IMO).

Fiestas are definitely a good first time buy and they're cheap to run, i owned one for 6 years, granted it was from new and it was the ZetecS.

Best thing to so is do a few insurance quotes on the cars you like and go from there. Just don't get a Saxo VTR (chav chariot).....

I have had my R reg Clio for 3 years, it has never failed an MOT (last one being last week) and I have never had any problems with it.

It is low mileage though.

Cheers people, any suggestions on good second hand dealers?

Granby Street Motors or Derek Curtis, both on Aylestone Road. Had a couple of cars from them over the past few years and was always happy.

French cars are typically more expensive to repair (IMO).

Fiestas are definitely a good first time buy and they're cheap to run, i owned one for 6 years, granted it was from new and it was the ZetecS.

Best thing to so is do a few insurance quotes on the cars you like and go from there. Just don't get a Saxo VTR (chav chariot).....
The first car I got was a Saxo VTS!

I have a 1.4 Red Corsa available for £1000. :icon_lol: Hasn't been washed for a while.

I paid over the odds for mine at £1500 but serious low milage, that was out of the paper.

As for advice, I have always been told to stick 'British car's, parts are cheaper and more available.

Use Parkers as a reference guide also for price.
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/

Granby Street Motors or Derek Curtis, both on Aylestone Road. Had a couple of cars from them over the past few years and was always happy.

Although I have never bought a car from either, they seem rather expensive for what you get.

I can often be worth going private as this can give you good savings but you wont get a warranty. Always worth taking someone who knows a bit about cars if you can.

Expect to pay a premium for buying from a dealer. They may throw in a 3 month warranty though, but pretty pointless on a smaller budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669