2nd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

Nobody started this thread so i thought i would get it under way! We are 163-4 after the 1st day! Not the best of starts hope we can get into the 300's tomorrow!

Fairly well recovered though, could have been worse. At least Bell has finally come to life.

Melton Fox said:
Fairly well recovered though, could have been worse. At least Bell has finally come to life.

He needs to do better though - when Tres and Vaughany are fit Bell, Cook and Colly will be chasing the one spot and he's an easy third currently....

IMO Bell is prob the worst Engalnd player for a long time. But at the mo' we have no choice. Cannot understand how he gets selected when we are at full strength

I think Bell needs to have a great tour against India or else he will be out on his ear! Will be interesting to see how well Cook does in the 2nd innings as he didnt do so well in the 1st!

Bell has struggled just recently. He must know that he's under a lot of pressure, what with Cook getting decent scores as well as Collingwood.

Depending on weather obviously, but still think theres life in this test match. England need to score a few more or they could find themselves under pressure on the last day.

I think Bell isn't quite polished enough. A bit more polishing and he will come good :icon_bigg

Bell did well in Pakistan, and is a good player. Not doing well in the Ashes isn't a crime - even the Aussies have brought back their Ashes failures!

But he does need some runs in the 2nd innings or the final test, otherwise he won't be in at the start of the summer.

By the way, how harsh were the Aussies in dropping Brad Hodge? Test career: 5 tests, average 58, one double ton.

Didn't score enough runs for his state since their last test, so he's dropped :icon_eek:

glyn said:
By the way, how harsh were the Aussies in dropping Brad Hodge? Test career: 5 tests, average 58, one double ton.

Didn't score enough runs for his state since their last test, so he's dropped :icon_eek:

See his catch in the week, What A Corker!

And De Villers running-out of someone, Another Corker!

Bad day for England. A draw would be a very good result now.
They struggled to get rid of numbers 8-9-10 again, just like the first test and just like the Ashes. :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669