3-4 More Signings???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

If we have signed McLeod it's because we are selling one of our strikers (almost certainly Fryatt I would think). I think we have enough strikers on the books and would hope that we are now looking at other areas in the team that need strengthening such as central midfield. I am not even sure if we need a left back what with Mattock (who has clearly impressed), Sheehan and Chambers fighting for the spot.

lee7

If we have signed McLeod it's because we are selling one of our strikers (almost certainly Fryatt I would think). I think we have enough strikers on the books and would hope that we are now looking at other areas in the team that need strengthening such as central midfield. I am not even sure if we need a left back what with Mattock (who has clearly impressed), Sheehan and Chambers fighting for the spot.

chambers is a right back

Naughty Fox

Looking at FKA's list of strikers, Mcleod IMO would become 1 of four 'first team' strikers. Hume, Fryatt, DJ and Mcleod, great to have options with form and injuries in a long season.
Cort looks like (as we have all said) playing a bit part due to fitness. MDV looks as if he is being given a chance and does offer something different to the other four in holding the ball up. Sappleton is one for the future, Hammond will not get a look in and moved on if possible.
As Durham said better to have him than not, but would prefer to have the fee used for the attacking midfielder.

If MM wants to splash the cash.......

turnstileblue63

Latest from football-rumours.co.uk....................................

Vincent van den Berg and Kieran Gibbs of Arsenal reserves to help strenghten Leicesters promotion push.

Also, Ben Sahar currently in talks about a season long loan but Plymouth are interested. Allen will finalise all three on return from Scotland.

Singth

Latest from football-rumours.co.uk....................................

Vincent van den Berg and Kieran Gibbs of Arsenal reserves to help strenghten Leicesters promotion push.

Also, Ben Sahar currently in talks about a season long loan but Plymouth are interested. Allen will finalise all three on return from Scotland.

Heard good things about Sahar

indierich06

Don't know much about Gibbs, but the other two are quality. Ben Sahar would do very well in this league, but do we need yet another striker? Van Den Berg would give us a bit more depth in midfield, he can play pretty much all across it from what I've heard.

londonfox

1 Hume
2 Fryatt
3 Hammond
4 De Vries
5 D J Campbell
6 Cort
7 Sappleton

8 Mcleod???

:icon_eek:

Sappleton is a kid and i'd be surprised if he made one first team appearance this season..... Hammond will never play for us this season.... From the looks of it we will not see much of Cort....That leaves us with Hume and Dj and Fryatt and MDV.... If Fryatt can not refind his goalscring touch and MDV's new renaissance is short-lived then that leaves us very short.

Naughty Fox

Sappleton is a kid and i'd be surprised if he made one first team appearance this season..... Hammond will never play for us this season.... From the looks of it we will not see much of Cort....That leaves us with Hume and Dj and Fryatt and MDV.... If Fryatt can not refind his goalscring touch and MDV's new renaissance is short-lived then that leaves us very short.

So pretty much what I said then london :icon_wink

dpjfox

Izale and DJ would almost certainly guarantee goals imo 30+ meaning we will have a god season
i would play Hume wide left if nobody comes in, spend some money on Izale and a left back

OldGit

Izale and DJ would almost certainly guarantee goals imo 30+ meaning we will have a god season
i would play Hume wide left if nobody comes in, spend some money on Izale and a left back

Hymns for goal celebration music it is then. :icon_bigg

Backdoor Ad

I'd agree with that, if we sign a quality creative midfielder then i can see us scoring plenty this season.

I'd play Hume just behind the front two, for home games at least. All out attack i say!!

SilverFox

I'd agree with that, if we sign a quality creative midfielder then i can see us scoring plenty this season.

I'd play Hume just behind the front two, for home games at least. All out attack i say!!

It's the best form of defence.

SilverFox

Who ever they are I hope we get them in soon. I don't want to be waiting half a season for these buggers to gel.

We need the whole team together ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673