?3 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal then, hopefully we will get that extra £1m ;)

Levein mentions Hume and Hammond, but nothing else :( Please let there be someone else as well!

Graz said:
Good deal then, hopefully we will get that extra £1m ;)

Levein mentions Hume and Hammond, but nothing else :( Please let there be someone else as well!

Could possibly be because these are the two that have come out in the press, no point mentioning others if no-one knows, saves clubs trying to sneak in!

If that is it, then maybe we are holding some back for the window? See how we get on until Jan and then move if we need to.

Personally I think Hume will be a cracking signing! :038:

SilverFox said:
Good luck David:icon_cry:

OH cheer up Silver FFS,theres MK sitting at home with his Knackers beaten Black & Blue and you are suicidal over a Player going who wanted to leave.;)

Yorkshire Vixen said:
could someone copy the article ;)

Here you go me love:

Connolly Leaves For Latics

David Connolly has today joined Wigan Athletic for a fee that could net the Foxes £3million.
City will receive an initial £2million for the 28-year-old centre forward, with the figure possibly rising by a further £1million.

The player arrived at the JJB Stadium on Wednesday morning and agreed the move after lengthy discussions with Latics boss Paul Jewell.

Connolly joined Leicester for £500,000 from West Ham in July 2004, scoring 17 league goals in 49 appearances for the Foxes.

City boss Craig Levein said: "David expressed a strong desire to play in the Premiership having played at Championship level for the majority of his career to date. We know that this is a good deal for us and didn't want to stand in David's way if he wishes to leave."

Levein is now working hard on the transfer front to secure a replacement for Connolly ahead of the midnight transfer window deadline.

He added: "We have agreed a fee with Tranmere Rovers for Iain Hume, but obviously this deal hinges on the player agreeing personal terms. We are also currently negotiating with Elvis Hammond and Fulham to make his deal permanent."

;)

I suppose it could be worse. I could be my knackers! :icon_lol:

Sorry, IMO we have taken a step back today! But good luck to DC. I hope he gets the Green Jersey of Ireland back. I can still support him for my national team.

SilverFox said:
I suppose it could be worse. I could be my knackers! :icon_lol:

Sorry, IMO we have taken a step back today! But good luck to DC. I hope he gets the Green Jersey of Ireland back. I can still support him for my national team.

You are only so gutted because he's your favourite player thats understandable...I'd be the same if it was MDV;)
On a different note do you think we could have it written in the agreement that along with Connolly they MUST take Lee Morris and his 'Calipers'

Darth Vodka said:
out of interest, what are the odds of wigan getting relegated?

the club could hedge themselves

:)

if city go down the bookies and place £0.5 million on wigan to go down at odds of 4/6 then:-

a) they stay up profit=£0.5m
b) they go down profit =£0.3m

i'm not sure a club is allowed to hedge themselves like this....

foxes' trust?

I guess it's no a bad deal if we end up getting 3 million, but i can't help thinking we could have held them to ransom to get 3 million up front. they were desperate for a striker and you know they would have stumped it up if it was a deal breaker. we need to sign another player though.

now thats sorted lets look to the future whatever that may hold these things happen forget it move on

highland fox said:
You are only so gutted because he's your favourite player thats understandable...I'd be the same if it was MDV;)
On a different note do you think we could have it written in the agreement that along with Connolly they MUST take Lee Morris and his 'Calipers'

That would be a deal breaker Highland. Do you have any idea how much his medical bills cost!!!:icon_lol:

Sorry to play the sourpuss but the clock is ticking and IMO we are screwed in terms of Striking options! Hume is not as good as Connolly, if he was he'd be rated as highly... and I have no idea where the goals are going to come from!

highland fox said:
OH cheer up Silver FFS,theres MK sitting at home with his Knackers beaten Black & Blue and you are suicidal over a Player going who wanted to leave.;)

Amazing you are Highland, so giving. Think of your loss for goodness sake.

How are you getting over Homer walking out on your love?

what is the rush to make EH's transfer permanent? Before the Luton game CL was asked the question on his future and he replied that it was too early in the season.

did he have 2 outstanding games against luton and hull? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670