3rd test

Status
Not open for further replies.
glyn said:
not a chance, despite what Freddie says. :icon_conf

I think the best we could possibly hope for is a draw :icon_redf

I know someone who has flown out there tonight for this test. hope it goes well, sure he will have a good un anyway.

270-3 after India put us in then! Bet nobody saw that coming :038: :038:

what a bizarre decision by Dravid, alongside Ponting's at Edgbaston and Nasser in the Ashes series before that.

Excellent day for England, they are in a really decent position to go on and post a formiddable 1st innings total, and then it will be interesting to see how India perform when placed under pressure.

I think after todays performance Ian Bell has sealed his fate.

When your peers are all performing superb, like they did today, you look even worse.

Have not yet seen the dismissal, so I may be a tad harsh. But on paper, Bell doesn't cut it I'm afraid

Melton Fox said:
I think after todays performance Ian Bell has sealed his fate.

When your peers are all performing superb, like they did today, you look even worse.

Have not yet seen the dismissal, so I may be a tad harsh. But on paper, Bell doesn't cut it I'm afraid

it was a poor shot. he's missed a chance for runs there.

goin well by the sounds of it. Would show we have strength in depth when required if we could win this one IMO.

Brauny Blue said:
I can't see us bowling them out twice on this track with a weaker attack:102:
true brauny spose I was just looking at the batting side. Thats what makes cricket such a good game, its like lcfc fielding a football side first half then a rugby side second half if ya see what i mean. Two different sides to the game if ya catch me drift.

fcukcov said:
true brauny spose I was just looking at the batting side. Thats what makes cricket such a good game, its like lcfc fielding a football side first half then a rugby side second half if ya see what i mean. Two different sides to the game if ya catch me drift.

Anderson needs to prove a point, and to be fair the last hour of todays play encouraged me to think that we might do something with the ball. But the Indian batting line up is strong and imo we will need 500+ to put them under any real pressure.

400 all out. Won't really know how good or bad or that is until India get in.

Should have been better after the start we had, but a good knock from Shah to pull it back a tad after the collapse

Last edited:
England lead by 152 runs. Scores: England 400 India 279 Eng 31-2 Close of 3rd day. Building up to be an exciting end to this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669