3rd test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaughan was a top class batsman in his earlier test career, but probaly through injuries as struggled somewhat since. His captaincy is not in doubt, but England really could do with his form picking up a bit.

Englands openers have been the main problem with the batting for as long as i can remember.

Whats the plan do you reckon Fc for this game?

Bat until England get 550 or Strauss 200 not out.

Or put the kiwis straight in:102:

Whats the plan do you reckon Fc for this game?

Bat until England get 550 or Strauss 200 not out.

Or put the kiwis straight in:102:

It will be strauss 200 or strauss out IMO. Then declare, I know botham was moaning that they should have declared last night and given themselves 2 clear days to bowl the kiwis out as the wicket is getting more bat friendly and they may just try to bat for as long as possible (they will never get this total now anyway). Sill plenty of interest in this match i reckon.

It will be strauss 200 or strauss out IMO. Then declare, I know botham was moaning that they should have declared last night and given themselves 2 clear days to bowl the kiwis out as the wicket is getting more bat friendly and they may just try to bat for as long as possible (they will never get this total now anyway). Sill plenty of interest in this match i reckon.

I would bat until its impossible for NZ to get anything better than a draw. If they have to bat over 5 sessions just for a draw then mentally its a very tall order.

I would bat until its impossible for NZ to get anything better than a draw. If they have to bat over 5 sessions just for a draw then mentally its a very tall order.

True it would be hard for them to bat for the draw (and no doubt very boring to watch!) However we have to go for the win to save some face after the debacle of the first test out there. It should def be in the bag now but you never know.

Last edited:
Ive missed the start, did they just declare?

cheers jeff, just checked bbc as well. nz 15-0

4 4's in this over so far!

and a single. 37-0

broad in for anderson, hes been really struggling with this wicket.

Well, we did our best to **** it up early on in the day but 5 wickets down now, so half a job done.

think the commentators are bored they are discussing which land mass is exactly due east of napier....

monty on his best ever figures 6/79 so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669