4-5-1 system(Which players)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

With Sousa preferring a 4-5-1 system,which players i likely to benefit and which players could be left in the cold.

Do you think he will start with Fryatt?or Kermorgant even,what about Paul Gallagher, were will he fit in? Anyway one thing is for,its going to be fascinating.

I can't see Fryatt or Gallagher holding the ball up on their own. That would suggest Howard or a player like him being the spear head.

I can't see Fryatt or Gallagher holding the ball up on their own. That would suggest Howard or a player like him being the spear head.

I've always felt Fryatt is fantastic at holding the ball up, it's one of his main assets imo.

Wellens will suit a more passing game i also think Fryatt prefers the ball hit to his feet rather than in front of him

With Sousa preferring a 4-5-1 system,which players i likely to benefit and which players could be left in the cold.

Do you think he will start with Fryatt?or Kermorgant even,what about Paul Gallagher, were will he fit in? Anyway one thing is for,its going to be fascinating.

A lot of people have said that he only played this formation due to the lack of available players at Swansea. Whilst I'm sure he will build from the back, I wouldn't be surprised to see a different formation come our first game of the season.

Without wanting to stereotype. I can't see a Portuguese manager using a traditional 4-4-2 "big man little style." I've always thought that the traditional English set-up was looked down on as being crass on in Latin countries. I can only see him using holding players and players in the hole and fluid formations and a patient such like.

Last edited:
Weale

Morrison Hobbs Vitor Berner

Orlandi

Gallagher Wellens Lloyd Dyer

King

Fryatt​

Subs Bruce, Kennedy, Adams, N'Guessan, Howard, Kermogant

with Tunchev coming back later in the season.

A few loan signings and we are looking good.

Did not Swansea have not plenty strikers forcing them to play 4-5-1?
Surley we have more (potential) forwards than most.

Weale

Morrison Hobbs Vitor Berner

Orlandi

Gallagher Wellens Lloyd Dyer

King

Fryatt​

Subs Bruce, Kennedy, Adams, N'Guessan, Howard, Kermogant

with Tunchev coming back later in the season.

A few loan signings and we are looking good.

Tbf, even with an extra player on the pitch we'd do **** all.

On on on on.

Bah! You did that to create some kind of optical illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669