Not open for further replies.

mad biker

To think about !

Pullis
Parkinson
Pearce
Coppell

Just for you to "think" about !

Interesting...mmm....I can't honestly say that any of those stand out. I definately say no to Pearce. He may turn out to be a good manager but he be a big gamble. Coppell has always done well wherever he's been. As for parkinson and pullis i know little about them.

Thanks MB. Appreciate the info. Hopefully I'll have some from one of the horses mouths in a week or so! :wink:

Hmmm :? Well, thanks for the 'suggestions' MB.... Are people like Penney not favoured?

Leigh said:
Are people like Penney not favoured?
Penny smith is in certain quarters, eh Steven.. :twisted: :wink:

OK - had time to think about this now. This is your way of highlighting the pickle we are in now Micky has gone isnt it MB?

DurhamFox said:
MB - is that the shortlist or are you playin with us?

This is a shortlist and given the source one might also think one that looks not unlike something being discussed within the club.

Moreover given who we are as a club, the money we have and the time in the season, this will be the calibre of manager available to us.

Personally Pearce with a good (tactical nous good here) assistant is an option I could be persuaded about. :wink:

I have to say that if this the shortlist then I am disappointed, none of these names really inspire me.

If these are the best who the feck applied, the 100 or so who did must be right tossers.

Where's the likes of Penney, Strachan, Levein, Newell,Thordason even.

Pearce - Unproved big risk unless he brings in experienced assistant

Pulis - Long ball merchant with a rather checkered past - another Bassett / Wilko disciple.

Coppell - Never really done badly but again he is the type of manager who is going to take us to the next level IMO probably not.

Parkinson - Done reasonable well at Colchester but has yet to achieve any significant success.

My Shortlist would include:

Penney - Two successive promotions, what more do you want.

Burley - Did a great job at Ipswich and seems to be getting the Sheep back on track. Would be great with our current squad and youth players.

Cotterill - Done a great job at Cheltenham and seems to be doing well at Burnley.

Jewell - Has done a fantastic job with both Wigan and Bradford winning promotion with both teams.

IMO all these managers would come to us, although Wigan are top it, we are still a lot bigger club and potential wise with our fan base and facilities.

Also apart from Jewell I would be very surprised if compensation would be a massive problem. Why are these managers not appearing on our wish list. We need to be more ambitious.

Steven said:
MKFox said:
Leigh said:
Are people like Penney not favoured?
Penny smith is in certain quarters, eh Steven.. :twisted: :wink:

Penny Smith - Miss Sexy. :D :D :D :D :p :p :wink:

send her an e-mail...

[email protected]

you could have picked a nicer picture though steven... :wink:
vp_PSmith43b.jpg

The names I gave you to think about are not the shortlist don`t worry, they are however names being, let`s say. talked about within the corridors of power ! will "try" to keep you posted !

Thanks for that MB, I have to say that at least it looks like we are going to be paitent and not rush in which does give me some hope that we will make the right appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669