4th Round Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think you will beat them.
I can't imagine they fancy it one bit.
However, it's still Arsenal, and if they put out their strongest side, and they don't let the atmosphere get to them, they should prevail. It's win, win, win whatever the result.

Last edited:
Very winnable game, as is Palace. Went Pre Season at Selhurst Park and they wern't nothing special. Think them and Watford are very inconsistent.

id like to see either hartlepool v wba, cardiff v arsenal, cheltenham/donny v villa and/or torquay v cov on tv but i bet that either or both liverpool v everton and man utd v spurs will be on instead :icon_roll

Good draw, I just hope we get passed Palace so that I can go the match.

Like I've said the games are chosen so that Setanta/ITV can sell the rights to worldwide TV and hence make some money.I can't see many Worldwide companies wanting to buy the rights for Hartlepool V WBA myself or Torquay v Coventry...infact I can't see many people crossing the road to watch Torquay v Coventry.I think there were are a good mixture shown in the last round,only one all Premiership match:102:
Quite a lot of good ties for the next round but yes I'd imagine both the Merseyside Derby and Man Utd v Tottenham will be on.

Like I've said the games are chosen so that Setanta/ITV can sell the rights to worldwide TV and hence make some money.I can't see many Worldwide companies wanting to buy the rights for Hartlepool V WBA myself or Torquay v Coventry...infact I can't see many people crossing the road to watch Torquay v Coventry.I think there were are a good mixture shown in the last round,only one all Premiership match:102:
Quite a lot of good ties for the next round but yes I'd imagine both the Merseyside Derby and Man Utd v Tottenham will be on.

really??? so why have itv shown histon v leeds and gillingham v villa already :102:

really??? so why have itv shown histon v leeds and gillingham v villa already :102:

In Histon's case they had very little choice,Leeds were probably the biggest club in the Cup at that stage:102: People wanted to watch them,kind of proved my point there.Villa are in the Top 4 of the Premiership so I guess that is why they were shown

Last edited:
well i would say they shown both purely for cup upset potential???

I think you are both right, the games are picked on what they can sell and also the potential for an upset.

If you look at the Arsenal and Chelsea games, both were drawn at home against lower opposition and therefore the chances of an upset were slim and not televised. You then have Liverpool, Manure and Villa all drawn away from home and all picked for TV.

Its no coincedence that the current top 5 were all picked for TV and it will be the same the next round. My guess at the next round of games to be picked would be Liverpool Vs Everton, Manure Vs Spurs, Cardiff City Vs Arsenal and then another prem team away to a lower league (possibly Fulham).

Last edited:
I remember reading at article last year from someone at the BBC, explaining how they pick which cup games they show.

Obviously 2 big teams against each other are likely to be shown, but then they go for games they think are likely to have a major upset, and that usually takes the form of lower league side at home vs Premiership team.

So I would imagine Willow's picks are spot on... if the 4th game isn't Kettering vs Fulham, then I would say Cheltenham/Doncaster vs Villa (although Villa were already shown in the 3rd round, so probably the Kettering game)

Here's the article from the Beeb:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2008/01/the_cup_overflows_1.html

Shit draw. Second one in a row. I'm not one to say chuck it, but let's just bow out of this and get promoted.

Shit draw. Second one in a row. I'm not one to say chuck it, but let's just bow out of this and get promoted.

I suppose we need the money if possible from an FA Cup run - in spite of the excellent support this season overall revenue must be down and times are hard.

However, this has all the signs of being an imminent exit and the end of a distraction from the job in hand. Palace wanted a draw, got their result and I can't imagine we will win there. Having been on a midweek away trip to the inaccessible and miserable Selhurst Park, I don't envy those making the trip.

As soon as we reached the 3rd rd, it seemed imo that we had achieved the minimum requirement, and can now bow out without a fuss.
Next stop the championship:icon_wink

I suppose we need the money if possible from an FA Cup run - in spite of the excellent support this season overall revenue must be down and times are hard.

However, this has all the signs of being an imminent exit and the end of a distraction from the job in hand. Palace wanted a draw, got their result and I can't imagine we will win there. Having been on a midweek away trip to the inaccessible and miserable Selhurst Park, I don't envy those making the trip.

Bloody hell, what medication have they put you on Redditch? You seem very calm today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669