50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is we can sit here and try to predict how many points we will get, who we might beat, where we might nick a point, but the trouble is football aint predictable, the simple fact of the matter is we need to start winning football matches ....and quick, if we can put a mini run together of say 5 or 6 wins over the 10 or matches then it should provide us with the confidence, platform and the breathing space to guarentee survival. With the squad of players we have at our disposal and the potential additions of a goalscorer we should be well capable of steering clear. But we need to start demonstrating that NOW, we arent too good or too big to go down, until we prove that out on the pitch and that is the task Levein has now, to show the board he is capable of delivering a team that win football matches on a consistent basis.

If he does we survive and probably quite easily, if he doesnt then the likelihood is our fate and Levein's will be decided at the St Mary's Stadium.

Last edited:
Joe_Fox said:
I can't believe I'm looking at this but to survive in the Championship you normally need 50 points (based on last 4 seasons).

Some of the talk on the OS is about 'a better second half of the season' but we are well into the second half of the season already! Indeed we are nearly 60% through the season.

We have 26 points at the moment and at this rate we will end up on 44 or 45 points - THIS MEANS RELEGATION.

We need to pick up at least as many points as we already have accumulated in 33.33% less matches than we have played so far.

These are the points that I predict we will get in our remaining matches:

[FONT=arial","helvetica]Sheff Wed [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-01-2006 - 1 point [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Cardiff [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]21-01-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Plymouth[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 24-01-2006 - 1 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]QPR [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]31-01-2006 - 0 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Wolves[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Brighton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 11-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Derby [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leeds [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]18-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Ipswich [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 25-02-2006 - 0 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Hull City[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-03-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Luton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]11-03-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Millwall [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 18-03-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Reading[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 25-03-2006 - 0 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Norwich [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]01-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] C Palace[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 08-04-2006 - 1 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Preston [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]15-04-2006 - 3 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Coventry [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 17-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Plymouth[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 22-04-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Southampton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 30-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]

This is 24 points whcih means if this is correct, we'll end up on 50 points.
I have the feeling those nerves we are all feeling now are going to get
worse and worse from here on in.

C'MON LEICESTER! STRING A FEW WINS TOGETHER AND END THIS
STUPID SITUATION SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!

So, now my predictions are as they were but instead of being 5 points better off, we are 0 points better off. It's looking grim lads and lasses. At times like this we need some release from our anxiety. How about a song?

Joe_Fox said:
So, now my predictions are as they were but instead of being 5 points better off, we are 0 points better off. It's looking grim lads and lasses. At times like this we need some release from our anxiety. How about a snog?

Disgusting

Joe_Fox said:
I can't believe I'm looking at this but to survive in the Championship you normally need 50 points (based on last 4 seasons).

Some of the talk on the OS is about 'a better second half of the season' but we are well into the second half of the season already! Indeed we are nearly 60% through the season.

We have 26 points at the moment and at this rate we will end up on 44 or 45 points - THIS MEANS RELEGATION.

We need to pick up at least as many points as we already have accumulated in 33.33% less matches than we have played so far.

[FONT=arial","helvetica]Sheff Wed [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-01-2006 - 1 point [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Cardiff [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]21-01-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Plymouth[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 24-01-2006 - 1 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]QPR [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT]
Well theres 5 points less than than Joe Fox predicted bringing our total down to 45 points errr RELEGATION:eek:

It wont take 50 points to saty up this season. It averages around 47 I think over the last 10 years. I think this year could be as low as 42-44 though. Still don't think we will manage that mind.

Duzza said:
It wont take 50 points to saty up this season. It averages around 47 I think over the last 10 years. I think this year could be as low as 42-44 though. Still don't think we will manage that mind.

Average is more like 48 Durham. As for the snog, no thanks, I'm all snogged out.

lets try and get to 30 points first before we starting talking about 47/48 points

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The truth is we can sit here and try to predict how many points we will get, who we might beat, where we might nick a point, but the trouble is football aint predictable

oh i don't know, our form is fairly perdictable at the moment. one thing we do have in abundancy is consistency

Joe_Fox said:

[FONT=arial","helvetica]QPR [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]31-01-2006 - 0 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Wolves[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Brighton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 11-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Derby [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]14-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leeds [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]18-02-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Ipswich [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 25-02-2006 - 0 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Hull City[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 04-03-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Luton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]11-03-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Millwall [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 18-03-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Reading[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 25-03-2006 - 0 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Norwich [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]01-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] C Palace[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 08-04-2006 - 1 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Preston [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]15-04-2006 - 3 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Coventry [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 17-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Plymouth[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 22-04-2006 - 3 points[/FONT]
[FONT=arial","helvetica]Southampton [/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica]vs[/FONT] [FONT=arial","helvetica]Leicester[/FONT][FONT=arial","helvetica] 30-04-2006 - 1 point[/FONT]

This is 24 points whcih means if this is correct, we'll end up on 50 points.
I have the feeling those nerves we are all feeling now are going to get
worse and worse from here on in.

C'MON LEICESTER! STRING A FEW WINS TOGETHER AND END THIS
STUPID SITUATION SOONER RATHER THAN LATER!

Lucky we have done better than you thought. ;)

Steven said:
Lucky we have done better than you thought. ;)

He's a pessimistic bastard, that Joe Fox!!
:icon_bigg

bocadillo said:
He's a pessimistic bastard, that Joe Fox!!
:icon_bigg

It let me say BASTARD!

webmaster said:
Bollocks to you. Only two words are banned.

Well **** me! What **** decided which two they were going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669