A Look at the Managerial Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody interesting, top marks for statetitishoning.

bugger, i appear to be dyslexic

Not that stats aren't important, but figures like that are a lot more dependent on the club than the manager. Especially as all of those mentioned at the top of the list have only been managing for 2-3 years, it is harder to judge whether their performance is any good relatively. What were Holloway, Levein and Allen's win percentages before they joined us? I am betting they would have all sat quite nicely in that table.

Saying that, I am about to partially contradict myself by stating that I would love to see Ince here, as I think that he would give the club the kick up the backside that it so desperately needs.

What is it with people's obsession about the bloody win ratio? It means feck all! The only way you can compare win ratio's is if there are two managers at exactly the same club at exactly the same time, which of course is impossible.

What is it with people's obsession about the bloody win ratio? It means feck all! The only way you can compare win ratio's is if there are two managers at exactly the same club at exactly the same time, which of course is impossible.

If a manager has a good win ratio over the course of his career he's likely to be a better manager than someone with a bad win ratio.
Obviously it doesn't tell the whole story but it's a good indication of how good someone is, particularly if they've been at several clubs.

How else do you want to judge a manager's record? By how funny his press conferences are? Whether he waves his shoes in the air?

I discount these stats, there is no mention of jokes, rural accents or if any of them had a blog on the BBC.

I discount these stats, there is no mention of jokes, rural accents or if any of them had a blog on the BBC.
Nor any mention of Milan confirming that they are candidates.

From my own experience of "rumoured" Managers at City, I take no notice until they are confirmed, then I'll look at their stats.

Last edited:
Interesting read, no doubt that MM et al, will be looking at figures like these, however they are only part of the jigsaw. one of the most serious questions is, who out of the managers touted about, can work with a Chairman ? MM can be a big plus initially ,but if things don't go right almost immediatly, he gets very impatient, creating a lot of negativity, and uncertainty around the club, which in turn effects the manager and the players. Out of these managers, who can cajole, wipe the fevered brow of the Chairman, yet remain focused on the players and the team ? I would say the club needs a mentally tough and experienced manager, Davis would be my choice, I don't think the managerial cauldron at Leicester City, is the place for either Fergusson or Ince, there is no doubt that they both have huge potential, Ince in particular, but could they cope, with MM, I doubt it.

How else do you want to judge a manager's record? By how funny his press conferences are? Whether he waves his shoes in the air?

I would judge him on the job he has done at the club, where they were when he took over and where they were when he left.

Nor any mention of Milan confirming that they are candidates.

From my own experience of "rumoured" Managers at City, I take no notice until they are confirmed, then I'll look at their stats.

Well at least you can read Ince's stats Melts, as MK have stated we have approached

That blonde bint Lucinda from the apprentice talks a mean job,

She certainly has the right qualifications,

Up and coming, rubbish at Sales (just what we need to keep hold of players when hostile approaches come in.)

She doesn't need Alan Sugars job, so she won't be lured away by his money.

Oh and she's never been promoted, won a cup, worked as understudy for anyone good, had a top 10 finish, apart from somehow getting into the last 5 of the apprentice.

Yes I think she is exactly what MM is looking for, and I can't see her arguing with his list of demands either.

She is the one.

Someone is going to fire me for this aren't they?

An interesting article. I did note that of the top 4 that Newell's stats were over twice as many games as some of the others which does imply consistancy. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, in his time at Luton he had to build nearly three teams as they kepy having to sell their best players. I would have quite liked Newell here last time, but would also be happy with Ince, Davis, or even Joe Royale at a push.

Cheers.

An interesting article. I did note that of the top 4 that Newell's stats were over twice as many games as some of the others which does imply consistancy. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, in his time at Luton he had to build nearly three teams as they kepy having to sell their best players. I would have quite liked Newell here last time, but would also be happy with Ince, Davis, or even Joe Royale at a push.

Cheers.

you're welcome

as they kepy having to sell their best players
Aye, and he was getting a nice little earner from every player sold, allegedly.

A wiser man than I would possibly question just how much resistance he would have actually been putting up.

I'm at the point where I dont care who comes in, as long as he has the balls to kick the namby pamby arses into line and get them playing like a team who cares !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669