A sad day in the history of Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

Whatever anyone thinks of Micky Adams has a manager, the club has lost an honest and genuine bloke who'd have given anything to get us back in the Premiership. His players let him down badly and I personally think that he is a good manager and will have success in the future.
Those who have been on and humilated the bloke want to have a long hard look at themselves. His reign has seen shambles after shambles by no fault of his own (Finland, Administration, La Manga, etc, etc) yet people thought he was to blame! What rubbish.
Obviously he was paid to make decisions and it is impossible to please everybody. The club has lost a great ambassador who got some respect back that we basically don't deserve. I loved his interviews when he said 'and if you're Micky Adams and if you're Leicester City......' Always made me chuckle. Who are you then? lol. Anyway thanks Micky and goodbye. All the best :D

dannyboy said:
Whatever anyone thinks of Micky Adams has a manager, the club has lost an honest and genuine bloke who'd have given anything to get us back in the Premiership. His players let him down badly and I personally think that he is a good manager and will have success in the future.
Those who have been on and humilated the bloke want to have a long hard look at themselves. His reign has seen shambles after shambles by no fault of his own (Finland, Administration, La Manga, etc, etc) yet people thought he was to blame! What rubbish.
Obviously he was paid to make decisions and it is impossible to please everybody. The club has lost a great ambassador who got some respect back that we basically don't deserve. I loved his interviews when he said 'and if you're Micky Adams and if you're Leicester City......' Always made me chuckle. Who are you then? lol. Anyway thanks Micky and goodbye. All the best :D

Fair enuff Micky did some good stuff in his first season, and stayed with us through some real hard times, but when it came down to the bare facts of management the guy was found wanting tactically constantly, void of ideas, made silly subs which have cost us so many points, imo it was the right time to go, but great respect to the fella for actually resigning as im sure other managers would have waited for a pay off.

dannyboy wrote:
Those who have been on and humilated the bloke want to have a long hard look at themselves. His reign has seen shambles after shambles by no fault of his own (Finland, Administration, La Manga, etc, etc) yet people thought he was to blame! What rubbish

I can accept the administration bit,but not La manga.
Whilst the players had the charges against them dropped,proving them to be innocent and probaly victims of a set up.I would still have to question MA,to why they went in the 1st place when:

1 they were skint
2 they were bottom of the prem and didn't deserve a luxury break.

After administration i can remember little kids putting pocket money into buckets outside the walkers thinking they were helping to save the club.
This was an ill advised trip .The fact that the players MA signed for the club were breaking curfews to drink in the la manga bars ,proves they didn't give a toss about MA and us the supporters.It was insensitive to waste such money (£25000 i was told) after administration.This trip should have only gone ahead after the players had secured prem survival.MA made alot of mistakes, but i would like to congratulate him for his dignified exit today and wish him well for the future.

football is an odd bed fellow, he'll be seen as the new mesiah at his next club and he'll reap the accolades and wealth that goes with it. Don't shed a tear for any manager, they're in it for the cash, not the reputation of a club. As are 95% of players. :(

Very true, what ma has earned from his time at city will set him up for the rest of his life, If he is sensible he may never need to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566