Absolute Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Have it on up ear,don't know if its new.Its not great but it plays some decent stuff and not the usual chart shite.When I say decent I don't just mean the moody miserable gloomy stuff I like.Worth a listen anyway,ok as background stuff IMO

It was previously Virgin Radio, they changed the name/ownership.

I rarely listen to the radio, but if I do it's usually Absolute (or Magic.. old before my time!). Think they play a good mix of new and old, and the new stuff is usually the sort of stuff I like... some of the older stuff I'm not as keen on though.

They seem to play more variety since changing from Virgin though, which is good.

It seems ok,nothing great.Its mainstream stuff with an Indie/Rock slant.Beats BBC Radio Lancashire

I used to listen to Virgin all the time before I started Uni, then mainly just listen MP3s now.

But, before they changed to Absolute, whenever I did listen to it again it seemed to be the same playlist as they'd had 3 years ago, just with a 2 or 3 current songs added in for a few weeks.

They seem to mix it up a bit more now at least.

I used to listen to Virgin all the time before I started Uni, then mainly just listen MP3s now.

But, before they changed to Absolute, whenever I did listen to it again it seemed to be the same playlist as they'd had 3 years ago, just with a 2 or 3 current songs added in for a few weeks.

They seem to mix it up a bit more now at least.

Apparently they guarantee not to play the same song between 10am and 5pm

Virgin used to be terrible for playing the same songs over and over.

Used to have it on in the office, we would have a sweepstake as to when they would play Goo Goo dolls Iris again.

That song is in my Room 101 along with "I don't want to miss a thing"

Virgin used to be terrible for playing the same songs over and over.

Used to have it on in the office, we would have a sweepstake as to when they would play Goo Goo dolls Iris again.

That song is in my Room 101 along with "I don't want to miss a thing"

!!!

Love both songs... but Virgin did used to ridiculously overplay both

Do they still seemingly play a 10 minuet block of adverts every half hour?

BBC6 Music is where its at, if youre into alternative stuff. Plays a mixture of old and new stuff as well.

Just avoid the godawful George Lamb though.

Last edited:
I can get XFM Manchester up here as well which plays a lot of the stuff I like

Got really into absolute at one time but it all got a bit samey when i was listening to it day in day out. Adverts do me head in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669