Academickeytake

Status
Not open for further replies.
sarahk said:
Steven said:
I wonder whether "MARK" is Pet Rescue or not. :? :? :? In any case I hope that with the staff we now have that they will try to bring on younger players and get those elusive 2 players a year Mr Elsby wants into the first team squad. :wink:
Unfortunately im not tommi petrescu if that is who you were referring to, he was released 6 weeks ago so he could go back to finland and concentrate on his education, again another good player whos promising career was stalled by management, if only they looked at some videos of his many international games of which he was first choice for his country, does that not say something!!!!!.
I am Aarran Butchers uncle and have tryed my hardest to help him to get where he needs to be, so i do see quite alot of the things that go on in the academy and the things that dont go on. I am quite close to Dawson and Logan aswell and as ive told them all, wait for a while and let Craig Levein sort out his first team then he will concentrate more time on the youngsters as he has at hearts. Heres hoping they all get there chance because some of them do deserve it,.

Realistically which of the acedmy crop have a chance at becoming first teamers at city? We have been told on many occasions that the acaemy is excellent but since stewart, piper and heath we have seen liitle. One big hope was petrescu but obviously he has now gone.

Lboro fox said:
sarahk said:
Steven said:
I wonder whether "MARK" is Pet Rescue or not. :? :? :? In any case I hope that with the staff we now have that they will try to bring on younger players and get those elusive 2 players a year Mr Elsby wants into the first team squad. :wink:
Unfortunately im not tommi petrescu if that is who you were referring to, he was released 6 weeks ago so he could go back to finland and concentrate on his education, again another good player whos promising career was stalled by management, if only they looked at some videos of his many international games of which he was first choice for his country, does that not say something!!!!!.
I am Aarran Butchers uncle and have tryed my hardest to help him to get where he needs to be, so i do see quite alot of the things that go on in the academy and the things that dont go on. I am quite close to Dawson and Logan aswell and as ive told them all, wait for a while and let Craig Levein sort out his first team then he will concentrate more time on the youngsters as he has at hearts. Heres hoping they all get there chance because some of them do deserve it,.

Realistically which of the acedmy crop have a chance at becoming first teamers at city? We have been told on many occasions that the acaemy is excellent but since stewart, piper and heath we have seen liitle. One big hope was petrescu but obviously he has now gone.

wesoloski (not sure on spelling), o'grady, porter.

wish we still had a fit mat piper

Lboro fox said:
sarahk said:
Steven said:

wesoloski (not sure on spelling), o'grady, porter.

wish we still had a fit mat piper looked like he could have been an excellent player. feel sorry for him

to stop any confusion. sarahk is my wife. who first found this site a few weeks ago when i was at kettering at a reserves game. that is why i put my name under my first post above. having spent some time reading throught the post on this site i have every intension of adding my self under my own name, as this site is far better than lcfc offical site.

Welcome Mark. We always welcome new blood, especially with an in at the Academy. Good luck to your nephew this season. :wink:

P.S. Please tell your wife to continue posting the scores of the reserve games if she knows them. A lot quicker than the OS site. :wink:

Dunc said:
Tony Elsby said:
sarahk said:
Steven said:

From what I've heard of Petrescu, City should turn up on the kids doorstep in Finland with a grovelling apology for wasting so much of his time and showing so little faith and should do whatever it takes to get him back. If it means bringing a teacher or two with him then that as well.

If they can't get kids like him through to fruition what on earth are the people responsible doing calling themselves coaches.

From what I've heard (and seen on Belvoir St a few Saturday nights) we should turn up on his doorstep with the number of the local pub and pizza take away.

You don't get too many saintly teenagers and even fewer who are likely to make it as professional footballers. If he's got talent City are daft to waste it and if he happens to like a night or two out, thank God for that.
He fit in well with one hell of a lot of the world's best players.

I don't think City have ever been that good at bringing youngster's through, although we have been lucky with Shilton, Lineker, Heskey, Joachim and getting 3.5 milllion for Piper. My memory may be fading but I can't think of anyone else who has come through and made a big impact here or anywhere else.

Even under Sir MON, the team was essentailly bought and we had a brief spell where Scott Whatisname played.

In order for the kids to want to come here, they need to see that they have a chance of making the team, that's why Crewe are able to attract young players and develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669