Accident on Leicester Ln today

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

Nasty accident today involving a motorcyclist and a car on Leicester Ln this afternoon.

My mum and another guy tried CPR while waiting for the paramedics but there wasn't a lot to be done for him.

RIP

Turn left at crossroads from Hinckley Road (A47) in towards Desford, where the petrol station is.

Turn left at crossroads from Hinckley Road (A47) in towards Desford, where the petrol station is.

That must be a horrible experience for your mum and the other guy. Good on them for trying to help though.

Shes a nurse and so was he, she's worked in AE and also come across a lot of accidents by chance, it's the first dead person I've seen, that will be with me for the rest of my life.

She was still shaken and had blood on her, not nice.

It didn't look like it was his fault either :(

Shes a nurse and so was he, she's worked in AE and also come across a lot of accidents by chance, it's the first dead person I've seen, that will be with me for the rest of my life.

It will. My Dad and I were first on the scene of a guy that had a heart attack and died at the wheel and crashed into the railings by the petrol station on Groby Rd (opposite Gilroes) one Christmas many years ago. I can still see him quite clealy to this day.

It will. My Dad and I were first on the scene of a guy that had a heart attack and died at the wheel and crashed into the railings by the petrol station on Groby Rd (opposite Gilroes) one Christmas many years ago. I can still see him quite clealy to this day.

know what you mean - it does stay with you.

I was involved in a rescue search at Stoney Cove, which ended up with a dead 19 year old lad. They tried for about 20 minutes to revive him until the paramedics arrived. A sight I will never forget.

Drew, I hope your Mother is alright despite being a nurse is must have been a horrid experience.

Yea, she's fine. She has a habit of arriving at accidents, this is about her 6th or 7th, no exaggeration, and not her first fatality, she said the worse ones are when they're talking to you and die soon after. Then again she uses the A47 between Uppingham and Leicester daily so no surprises there.

Pure speculation, but it would seem someone turned right on him across his lane, probably didn't see him coming.

I hadn't appreciated that you were there also. I hope you're ok too.

About 8 years ago I was walking down a road with a friend and our children and we watched a roofer fall off a roof. Nothing we could do to stop him of course. For months afterwards I saw him slip every time I closed my eyes to sleep.

(He survived apparantly but with serious head injuries)

Last edited:
Yea i'm fine, gutted for the guy though. It certainly removes any desire for a motorbike

A few years back I went to a match against Stoke at the Walkers with a friend of mine and a Stoke friend of ours who went with his dad. After the match his dad collapsed and died of a heart attack as we walked away from the ground. We waited with him while his family rushed to LRI to see him before he died but that memory stays with me still. It's not something you forget easily.

About 8 years ago I was walking down a road with a friend and our children and we watched a roofer fall off a roof. Nothing we could do to stop him of course. For months afterwards I saw him slip every time I closed my eyes to sleep.

(He survived apparantly but with serious head injuries)

Similarly, in Mallorca about 7 years ago, a group of us were playing Pool outside when we heard a scream up above. We all turned round just in time to see a woman lose her grip from a 9th floor balcony.

Being quite young, we were very hysterical but we were told that she was stable and on her way to hospital.

The next morning, we read in the newspaper that she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hope you are feeling okay Drew, and also the same to your mum. It's not a nice thing to see...

I was first on the scene at a motorcycle accident in the mountains here a few years ago (Mt Lemmon, Drew, you'll know it well). The kid was only 18 and after we'd battled for 20 mins to keep him going, just as the air ambulance landed on the road next to us, he died in my arms.

It was the most shocking thing I've experienced and it doesn't leave you, I'm afraid. But in some ways you'll maybe one day look at it in a positive light. I most definitely live life for the moment a lot more than I did before that day, and I feel my life is all the better for it.

Good things sometimes come out of the dark...

I was first on the scene at a motorcycle accident in the mountains here a few years ago (Mt Lemmon, Drew, you'll know it well).

Yea, i've been up a few times, we tend to go and watch the sunset at the first lookout as well. Gives a nice view of the city as the sun goes down.

It's a windy road and i can imagine there are a lot of accidents year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669