Adam Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
As he's not even in the Aussie A side perhaps we should be worried given their lack of strength in depth in the fast bowling dept, but he did take the most wickets in their season just finished.

But the Aussie game is competitive and the league is full of decent players, remember Rogers last year he was great. Espically in his 20-20 cameo role. He has since knocked a hundred against us.

Griffith was the leading wicket-taker in Pura Cup cricket in the 2005-06 season with 45 wickets in nine matches and was named the competition’s Player of the Year as a result of that success.

Thats a pretty impressive pedigree, i'll look foward to seeing him bowl, he can't be any worse than Willoughby from last year!

I still think we should have strengthened our batting though. We have the lowest batting points per game of anyone in our division. We scored a lot against Glamorgan but have done nothing since then...

Cue us hopefully scoring 500 tomorrow!

CM said:
I still think we should have strengthened our batting though. We have the lowest batting points per game of anyone in our division. We scored a lot against Glamorgan but have done nothing since then...

Cue us hopefully scoring 500 tomorrow!

Well we won't get 500 but should get 300, which is quite good for us :icon_conf

Tim Boon has brought in a lot of young seamers but I don't think Broad is ready to carry the attack yet so we did need another paceman. Otherwise we were never going to take 20 wickets in a match.

Well he's not bad with the bat, 41 not out. Scored a wicket today but Broady got THE FIVE landmark and we are in a position to win this. If only the openers could start off decent, 17-1.

41 off 30 balls as well with 6 fours and a six. Hope he gets amongst the wickets in their 2nd innings.

Hazzman said:
Well he's not bad with the bat, 41 not out. Scored a wicket today but Broady got THE FIVE landmark and we are in a position to win this. If only the openers could start off decent, 17-1.

Sorry Hazzer but that read like an American trying to 'talk cricket' :icon_lol:

He bowled quite well yesterday apparently, beat the bat a few times, just a bit unlucky though.

We're in a decent position at the mo, 238 runs ahead with 6 wickets remaining. I always get a bit uneasy at the thought of us bowling a side out to win a game though, I still have nightmares about Yorkshire last year.

CM said:
He bowled quite well yesterday apparently, beat the bat a few times, just a bit unlucky though.

We're in a decent position at the mo, 238 runs ahead with 6 wickets remaining. I always get a bit uneasy at the thought of us bowling a side out to win a game though, I still have nightmares about Yorkshire last year.

same again tomorrow I fear. already 46-0. although the wicket is supposed to e difficult

What another terrible defeat today. Another winning position ruined.

1 wicket for around 150 for our Aussie paceman!

Shocking. This seems to be happening to frequently. How come we can't bowl signs out in the 2nd innings :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669