Adam Le Fondre

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have tried league two strikers before in the shape of Matty Fryatt. Waste of space!

Something needs to be done to strengthen the attack. Whether this chap is the answer I don't know but he might be worth a go. Are loan options from the Premiership available?

ALF as he is known scores goals for fun at League 2 level and would I think make the leap to League 1 but not sure he would make it at Championship Level. But you never know. I doubt Rotherham would let him go until January and then want a wedge of cash, as they would not loan him as they would want him to play to help their promotion cause.

If I didn't know better I would have thought my son was behind this rumour as he has been trying to get this some attention since the end of last season, partly I think to wind his mate at College up who's a big Rotherham fan. He even mentioned ALF's name to Paulo when he spoke to him on the Special Moan In last month when he also mentioned Robert Koren (b4 he went to Hull). Paulo then went on all about Koren and ignored any mention of Le Fondre.

I am a bit confused as to the type of striker for whom we should be looking. Do we need a younger Howard, big and strong, or what?

It also seems to me, that Pearson is the only manager who has made Fryatt look a good player: was that due to how he was played, stroking his ego/kicking him up the backside, or what?

I would be genuinely interested in the views of those that see the team regularly......

I don't think we need a new striker at all. I think the problems may lie elsewhere.

We paid two million quid for a decent enough striker who has proven that he can score goals at this level

Sadly we have stuck him playing wide right, where he has no feckin' chance to score anything

No point bringing in someone else if we're going to dick their talent away in the same fashion

We paid two million quid for a decent enough striker who has proven that he can score goals at this level

Sadly we have stuck him playing wide right, where he has no feckin' chance to score anything

No point bringing in someone else if we're going to dick their talent away in the same fashion

What he says

can he play in goal?

was it not mentioned in the press somewhere,that just before the end of transfer deadline day.we were after 2 strikers and a centre back?

Wash your mouth out, Sir!! :icon_bigg

Sorry. :icon_redf

I don't think we need new strikers, as Homer said. We have players who can score at this level but they aren't doing so. Players who seemed to be able to find the net with far fewer opportunities on goal last season.

Sorry. :icon_redf

I don't think we need new strikers, as Homer said. We have players who can score at this level but they aren't doing so. Players who seemed to be able to find the net with far fewer opportunities on goal last season.

Is that just one of those things, and something that will sort itself out in time, or do you subscribe to the mis-use of strikers theory? (I am thinking particularly of Waghorn who, in the clips that I have seen, does appear to be playing too far to the right.)

We tried to get this guy years ago when he played for the dale, can't be that good if we didn'y get him then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669