adams backers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

please answer these questions,(1)do you think he is building a team, and if so around who.(2)do you think his style of football will change,if not can you see the present squad adapting to it.(3)do you like his style of football.(4)if micky adams had came in the summer and signed this squad he has now,what would your first impressions of him been then.and finally no5. what do you think is the main reason adams has lost a lot of his popularity with the fans

:roll:
No there is no clue of any team building : there really is something wrong here
There must be an awareness of the situation. Nice guy , no motivation crap selection, Wimboldon without the passion. I dont know about keep the faith but what is happening to our club? (dont tell me theres been no money cus thats noot true)
Bassett and Cork Rule !!

I think MA, is not a strong enough character to manage a team like city.
The players seam to like him and he appears to be a nice person, but sometimes a manager has to have a nasty side to his charecter to win respect and get results.

I am not an Adams backer in any way at all. I am happy to criticise what I see on the pitch and will continue to do so until I see something different.

But what exactly are you trying to prove here ?

1. Of course he is building a team. He's worked with no budget to pull together one of the best squads in this league. He has bought Williams, Gudjonsson, Connolly around whom he wants base the future - with a bit of experience to support them. He would have liked Thatcher and Dickov to also be part of this, but they buggered off. That's not his fault, is it ?
2. Yes. Deep down he wants to play good football, but at present is unable to make it happen on the pitch
3. No one likes long ball football, hence the answer to number two
4. Everyone would be saying give him a full season at least - no one would judge him after only six games (apart from morons)
5. Because of people asking ridiculous questions like these

Micky is a SHIT manager... He was responsible for our relegation last season with his crap signings (far too many to mention.. and i know some are going to say that he had no money but that excuse is wearing very thin. other clubs have limited money and don't end up with the shit that we did), stupid substitutions, total lack of motivation, woeful tactics, horrible style of play, total reliance on pensioners, his hatred of anyone under the age of 20 (and before someone mentions Matt Heath, it took him long enough to be given a chance), god-awful quotes about his own players, his own signings being not good enough (way tro go Micky).. and a hundred other reasons.

and now he is totally responsible for our catastrophic start to this season.. how anyone with even half a brain cell could say that he is doing even a remotely decent job is quite simply beyond belief...

WE MUST SACK HIM NOW

homer said:
I am not an Adams backer in any way at all. I am happy to criticise what I see on the pitch and will continue to do so until I see something different.

1. Of course he is building a team. He's worked with no budget to pull together one of the best squads in this league. He has bought Williams, Gudjonsson, Connolly around whom he wants base the future - with a bit of experience to support them. He would have liked Thatcher and Dickov to also be part of this, but they buggered off. That's not his fault, is it ?
2. Yes. Deep down he wants to play good football, but at present is unable to make it happen on the pitch
4. Everyone would be saying give him a full season at least - no one would judge him after only six games (apart from morons)

*Gives Homer a standing ovation* Spot on chap.... Morons sums it up nicely.

People will spout on about everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a fricking monkey can have an opinion doesn't mean he has a clue what he's on about.

Babylon said:
homer said:

4. Everyone would be saying give him a full season at least - no one
would judge him after only six games (apart from morons)

*Gives Homer a standing ovation* Spot on chap.... Morons sums it up nicely.

People will spout on about everyone is entitled to their opinions, but a fricking monkey can have an opinion doesn't mean he has a clue what he's on about.

Survived a long time have monkeys. Which is more than City will do if they carry on in this vein. As for Homer - he still goes on about it only being a few games we've formed a judgement on. If he can't remember the whole of last season then who's the moron? MA might yet get it right - hope he does - but he will have to change his approach, his tactics especially when we're in front, parts of his personnel and his approach to motivating the players and his thinking on substitutions.

As for Homer and Babylon. Both give me the impression they'd put up with City being in the Conference so long as we had Micky in charge which might of course be forward thinking because big boot football might be the best way out of Hades. At the moment - Homer admits he has been watching - we are playing moronic football. And what does that say about those who still want the Status Quo to continue? Something about morons and people in glass houses comes to mind.

If you actually read the posts properly you might stop showing yourself up for being a complete twat, much less a moron.

The few games comment was in reply to the question of how would you react if Adams had taken over in the summer, rather than two years ago. And that is what everyone would be saying in that instance - not just all the morons out there. I doubt if your intelligence quotient would be enough for you to qualify as such

If you also bother to read other posts on this forum you would find that I, and many others, have been critical of what they have been seeing - not just this season, but last season as well. Again if you actually read the post properly you might have noticed that.

I can remember last season very well, as can everyone else. The advantage we have over imbeciles like you is that we can remember what has been said on other posts, and can actually read this one properly as well.

I suspect that you don't live in a glass house, but one where the walls are well padded

1. I think he has the best team on paper in Division 1. The most suited to the style he wishes to play.
2. It changed slightly last year, playing like this got us automatic promotion 2 years ago.
3. I like it if it pays off, which i think in time it will do.
4. My impressions would have been exactly the same.
5. Because some fans, have short memories, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I just hope that people will get behind him and the team while he is the manager at this club, no matter what they think, it will benefit us in the long run as the club will not sack him because of fan pressure and a happy manager is usually a productive one.

It doesnt help with the atmosphere the fans create, yes we are down and have lost a few, the last two home games have been unbeleivable, but if the fans got behind the team, they would feel more relaxed and feel happy playing, rather than listening to groans, boos and feel less pressure to produce something.

homer said:
If you actually read the posts properly you might stop showing yourself up for being a complete twat, much less a moron.

The few games comment was in reply to the question of how would you react if Adams had taken over in the summer, rather than two years ago. And that is what everyone would be saying in that instance - not just all the morons out there. I doubt if your intelligence quotient would be enough for you to qualify as such

If you also bother to read other posts on this forum you would find that I, and many others, have been critical of what they have been seeing - not just this season, but last season as well. Again if you actually read the post properly you might have noticed that.

I can remember last season very well, as can everyone else. The advantage we have over imbeciles like you is that we can remember what has been said on other posts, and can actually read this one properly as well.

I suspect that you don't live in a glass house, but one where the walls are well padded

I might be as mad as you suggest but to take the points that I am supposedly unable to digest:

You say:
1) "He is building a team ..." There's no sign of "a team" evolving. No spirit, no understanding, no direction. If there was it would be encouraging. Eleven with Tiatto's attitude would help.

2) No budget... of course and categorically he has a budget. A modest one but just as good and better than some in City's division. It's what you do with it that helps make a manager...and how you make the various component parts gel together. No gelling apparent yet.

3) Deep down he wants to play football... Only your word for this. No signs on the pitch. But, if it is true then he is the manager and should insist the team play football. We might lose but it would be a better way of losing if there is one. You say at the moment he can't make it happen. QED in my view. It's a manager's job to make his visions happen. That he isn't doing that is one of his major shortcomings of late.

4) "Thatcher and Dickov pissed off." I wish they were still here but both gave good service, Dickov outstanding service and both are Premiership standard players. They were let down by others last year, starting with the manager. Why should they wish to continue playing below their true level? Few people would and even fewer would wish to be part of this shambles.

5) "Don't see the long ball is the answer to anything"... Don't play it then. Or if MA sees no alternative then make sure that the way you play it works.

6) "Everyone would say he should have a full season..." Well I for one don't think so because I think we need some changes either of manager or approach very quickly. That means your "everyone" is actually everyone but one and from what I've read there's others feel the same so your statement is completely unjustified.

You rather remind me of a gambler who backs a losing number at roulette and then backs it again and again in the belief that it will come good eventually. Statistics suggest he'd be right eventually but probably not before he's run out of money.

Micky Adams MIGHT come good but there's nothing on the field yet to suggest it...and how long will it take. Unless he changes things quickly where is the sense in not trying a different approach?

Please tell me cos I'm thick, a moron and I live in a padded cell. I could not possibly be expected to come up with the answer myself so you tell me. Why does MA deserve a whole season to carry on like this?

homer said:

I tend to stay out of this but nice post Homer. I agree entirely. That may change if we have another six games like the last six, but right now your answers are spot on.

I was deligted when we got Williams and Connolly and gytted we lost Thatcher and Dickov, but you can see what he's trying to do.

Oh, that's just lazy Tony

PLEASE READ THE POSTS!!

I'll start again

The original question was related to how you would feel if Adams had started his term of office in the summer, and what would you be saying in those circumstances. I am saying that no one would be saying Adams out after only six games

It's a hypothetical question, not a question about how I feel about him right now.

Unbelievable..........

Apologies, Tony, I should have added a definition for you

hypothetical adjective - based only on an idea or suggestion about what might happen or might be true and not on a real situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566