Adams Leaves with Dignity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

Whatever people think of MA 's tactics and team selections etc me included, he has to be commended for what he has done today, it has to be said that Micky has acted with great courage and dignity. It takes a big man to resign when the easy route would have been to wait for the sack and a hefty pay off.

For that Micky thank you and good luck in the future.

I agree. It's sad to see Micky go, as I desperately wanted him to succeed. But now he has, he must be commended for going at the right time and on the right terms.

Micky Adams - hopefully soon to be remembered as an LCFC legend (just try and blot out the last year or so...) :wink:

I saw Micky interviewed on Sky after the annoucement and he looked the happiest he's looked in ages,the pressure/strain had obviousley got to him.I don't blame anyone from walking away from a job they don't like,I've done it myself.I wanted Micky to succeed,he's a top bloke but I believe he realised that there was nothing left for him to do and he'd tried everything to change things.I wanted him to leave but I didn't want to see him sacked,he deserved more than that so things have turned out the best they could.He'll be back,of that I have no doubt.

Re: Dignity

tripod said:
He is a true gent. Good luck to him

He is a 'true gent' who's been offered a new job. It kinda blows out the theory 'true' and 'gent' and sort of reminds me of a previous manager who did roughly the same thing and came in for a lot of stick.
Can't you lot see the duplicity and the behind-the-scenes footballing jostling for jobs?
MA is a professional manager who got a better offer. That's the bottom line.

Innocent said:
tripod said:

He is a 'true gent' who's been offered a new job. It kinda blows out the theory 'true' and 'gent' and sort of reminds me of a previous manager who did roughly the same thing and came in for a lot of stick.
Can't you lot see the duplicity and the behind-the-scenes footballing jostling for jobs?

Has he? :shock:

where's he going then?

He aint going anywhere he is chilling out for a short period of time. who would have him

Whatever people think of MA 's tactics and team selections etc me included, he has to be commended for what he has done today, it has to be said that Micky has acted with great courage and dignity. It takes a big man to resign when the easy route would have been to wait for the sack and a hefty pay off.

For that Micky thank you and good luck in the future.

I have been one of Mickys critics and believe he should have resigned after 0-1 at home to Brighton.

However, I agree, thank you for your service and good luck for the future, I said the same with O Neill, the same with Little and even the same with Taylor.

Innocent said:
tripod said:

When does he take over at Southampton then?

Bobby Smith said:
Innocent said:
tripod said:

When does he take over at Southampton then?

He was turned down, last night :cry:

Agree with the above sentiments....

However, rather than leave with dignity I'd have preferred he left with Bassett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669