Adams on sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkshire Vixen said:
god help us on monday if things go tits up on sunday ;) :icon_lol:

Here's a sneak preview:

depression-header1.gif

highland fox said:
After we'd paid Levein and his assistants off we wouldn't have a pot to piss in hence Dublin would be manager.

Could we do much worse? Maybe Levein has done his work here in building a younger squad etc. Maybe we need someone with the ability to motivate this current crop.

i'd just wished we had got pearce-he was favourite at one point:icon_eek: though theres no point moaning is there get behind levein and the boys on sunday they may just surprise you;) Levein or Dublin as manager- i think we all know who we would rather have!

and you think dublin :102: if he is that good at motivating why isnt it showing on the pitch :102:

Great image, where did you get that?

Anyone who boos/cheers all our ex-personnel on Sunday will be knackered by the time the game starts! Do you think the announcer will lose his voice?

Oh, for me it's a big cheer for MA - the admin-promotion season should not be underestimated. And smaller cheers for Nalis and Heath. Sublime indifference for the rest. I booed the returning Wise and I may boo Gillespie if he shows his little waster face, but I can't think of many I'd give that response to.

the only half decent name on there is peter reid, not counting george graham hes always linked with us and it comes to no avail.

"And click on the "Available Managers" drop down at the bottom some scary names in that lot."

Just how many ex-players could we get in as a managerial dream team? The Cottee-Claridge-Mills-Groves-Osman-Quinn six-headed glory boys... yeah!

Otherwise it's just gotta be Luca Vialli, hasn't it? Oh, I'd rather have Levein than Dublin thanks very much. Dublin is as useless as the rest of them when it's going pear-shaped, he does not have genuine leadership quality. Not sure who does, mind...

highland fox said:
Get Ernie Tippett in...he's the man for the job.

Judging by his picture I think he's now joined the witness protection scheme.

DurhamFox said:
The more I look at it the more I think defeat on sunday is the watershed. City fans seem to have zero respect for Mickys misfits down at Kovskum. A poor display and result, coupled with a drop in to the relegation zone or just above it will be the final straw.

Even though i'm in the ' give Levein longer ' bracket, you could still be right Durham. That aside i can't believe how quickly things have turned nasty towards the manager. At the start of the season most of us thought promotion was probaly out of the question , and the words consolidation, improvement and time were big on the agenda. The displays so far have been disappointing . IMO we are around 5 or 6 points and also 5 or 6 places below what most realists would have expected from us. The strange thing to me is that a win against Burnley, and this forum would have been buzzing with posters talking about our play-off chances after 2 straight wins. The combination of a good away win at Watford and high expectations of a home win against Burnley left the supporters more deflated than usual after the midweek game. The home form is a real problem, and we have been very poor for over 2 years at the Walkers. I feel that a change in fortunes rather than poor displays and weak excuses are imperative for Levein to get the fans back on side. Sunday would be a good time to start.

Ox Fox said:
For other managerial options visit:

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/index.html

And click on the "Available Managers" drop down at the bottom some scary names in that lot.

Only Lewington I would even vaguely consider, even though I would not realistically consider him. :confused: :icon_conf :icon_roll ;)

Brauny Blue said:
Even though i'm in the ' give Levein longer ' bracket, you could still be right Durham. That aside i can't believe how quickly things have turned nasty towards the manager. At the start of the season most of us thought promotion was probaly out of the question , and the words consolidation, improvement and time were big on the agenda. The displays so far have been disappointing . IMO we are around 5 or 6 points and also 5 or 6 places below what most realists would have expected from us. The strange thing to me is that a win against Burnley, and this forum would have been buzzing with posters talking about our play-off chances after 2 straight wins. The combination of a good away win at Watford and high expectations of a home win against Burnley left the supporters more deflated than usual after the midweek game. The home form is a real problem, and we have been very poor for over 2 years at the Walkers. I feel that a change in fortunes rather than poor displays and weak excuses are imperative for Levein to get the fans back on side. Sunday would be a good time to start.

Thats football though Brauny - 1 result can change evrything.

Brauny Blue said:
The strange thing to me is that a win against Burnley, and this forum would have been buzzing with posters talking about our play-off chances after 2 straight wins.

Out of interest since January we've managed back to back wins only once (just before the end of last season).

The whole reason why people are beginning to doubt Levein is because yet again after building ourselves a platform with the decent away win at Watford, we follow it up with a toothless defeat to a team in the bottom half, it is our inability to build any sort of sustained winning or unbeaten run that is know causing concern. We are still losing to teams that we should be beating on a regular basis, we do still have a decent budget, we still have a decent squad of players on paper, but the problem is Levein seems incapable of moulding this into any sort of collective, there were very few household names in the Burnley side, no superstars as such, but they played as a unit, with a game plan, we looked like a team of individuals who met for the first time 10 minutes before kick off, and it is happening to often, that is why the reservations about Levein are starting to gain some momentum.

As for Adams, he made tactically errors and was guilty of signing too many has beens, but he always gave 100% to Leicester, he achieved promotion despite administration and was superb during the la Manga saga, the guy deserves our applause and cheers, he never let this club down once, and he even had the decency to walk away when he knew he had taken the club as far as he could.

Ox Fox said:
Out of interest since January we've managed back to back wins only once (just before the end of last season).
That is awful...

With MA and all the ex-foxes boys there can be only one result on Sunday, and it will be no good or us.

I predict a 2-0 to c*v...:(

I will definately be clappping. He did so much for us. Even if he did get us relegated, he still did get us promoted too.

He isn't such a bad manager, we were just frustrated at how poorly we were doing. Surely if he has gotten us promotd once, he would be able to do it again.

CL is also a good manager, he needs more time. He does work hard, I constantly see him shouting from his touchline. He ain't no Sven.
Covscum will be difficult on Sunday though. I think a we will win 3-2.

As for Cork, i'll boo him just for the fun of it. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
MKFox said:
That is awful...

With MA and all the ex-foxes boys there can be only one result on Sunday, and it will be no good or us.

I predict a 2-0 to c*v...:(

Well what a surprise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673