ADAMS RESIGNS

Status
Not open for further replies.
just been on the radio and the way he was speaking his time is up,the rumours were that he had to todays game to sort it out,which he has not.

Wonder if MA knows something we don't. Twice he has stated either he will have to sort something out or someone else will and also he finds it difficult to look towards the Gillingham game on Tuesday. Does he think he will be sacked before then?

Maybe Dave Bassett will be in temporary charge.

If he resigns then at least we can save some money !

On a serious note I think Micky has been different since La Manga his body language etc he hasnt seemed as upbeat and as up and at em maybe it took away a lot of his enthusiasm.

In hindsight maybe it would have been best to allow him to resign then for both parties sake. It is a shame but when you think about it when something as serious as La Manga happens and your the manager its bound to effect you and I think Micky is physically and emotionally drained and he needs a change of surroundings and a fresh start for himself.

I would really hope he succeeds cos he is a great bloke with a fantastic attitude but does remind me of Kevin Keegan where he has little tactical idea and cannot instill discipline. We need a strong leader on and off the pitch and at present I am afraid we have neither.

chrislcfc18 said:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

Bought a bottle of Jim Beam last night, I think it's about to go quite quickly.

Bobby Smith said:
chrislcfc18 said:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH :evil:

Bought a bottle of Jim Beam last night, I think it's about to go quite quickly.
i'm surprised it's still going :wink:

Keep the Faith said:

On a serious note I think Micky has been different since La Manga his body language etc he hasnt seemed as upbeat and as up and at em maybe it took away a lot of his enthusiasm.

In hindsight maybe it would have been best to allow him to resign then for both parties sake. It is a shame but when you think about it when something as serious as La Manga happens and your the manager its bound to effect you and I think Micky is physically and emotionally drained and he needs a change of surroundings and a fresh start for himself.

I would really hope he succeeds cos he is a great bloke with a fantastic attitude but does remind me of Kevin Keegan where he has little tactical idea and cannot instill discipline. We need a strong leader on and off the pitch and at present I am afraid we have neither.

Yep, I do feel sorry for Micky because he is a good bloke...just not a great manager. Or at least not for us anyway. Fulham and Brighton fans might disagree.

I do think your La Manga point is a good one though, I think that knocked a lot out of him and he hasn't recovered from that. Look how gray is hair is now compared to before La Manga ;)

Graz said:
Keep the Faith said:

Yep, I do feel sorry for Micky because he is a good bloke...just not a great manager. Or at least not for us anyway. Fulham and Brighton fans might disagree.

I do think your La Manga point is a good one though, I think that knocked a lot out of him and he hasn't recovered from that. Look how gray is hair is now compared to before La Manga ;)

I feel sorry for Micky too -yes he is a good bloke and that shines through.
But , we need someone who will strike some fear in a bunch of underperforming, overpaid has beens.

La Manga - and I have a home very near there & felt particular embarrassment - is an excellent example of Micky's failings. Some of us on this forum were astonished that he should take the squad there given their appalling record on previous foreign jaunts; he was badly at fault in not ensuring strict discipline on a group of players simply because everyone knew they could could not be trusted & included characters like Mad Frank who causes trouble on a serial basis & then he shows his other side -the nice bloke in trying to help them out - the fact that they were ultimately cleared does not excuse the fact that they were completely irresponsible.

Micky appears quite unable to maintain any meaningful standards of discipline and clearly has little influence on the players on or off the field.

chrislcfc18 said:
Wonder if MA knows something we don't. Twice he has stated either he will have to sort something out or someone else will and also he finds it difficult to look towards the Gillingham game on Tuesday. Does he think he will be sacked before then?

And how far forward will that take us - no further than Twiggy breathing in.
MA, DB and Corty are a gang of three - in it for glory when it comes and in it good and proper when it doesn't.
In the words of Red Robbo its one out all out...
If the deed's to be done we want a complete philosophical overhaul, not some temporary bodge job.

Tony Elsby said:
chrislcfc18 said:

MA, DB and Corty are a gang of three - in it for glory when it comes and in it good and proper when it doesn't.
If the deed's to be done we want a complete philosophical overhaul, not some temporary bodge job.

Its difficult to imagine he will actually be sacked because as far as i am aware the club does not have a board of directors - not in any meaningful sense anyway.

He would probable have to voluntarily walk the plank.

If it meant that DB would be entrusted again then I'd rather MA stayed until the end of the season - DB is much better occupied contributing his valuable insights on the game in obscure TV/radio programmes. As for Alan Cork - difficult to believe that he is actually given the job of coaching a team with a history of O'Neil, Bloomfield etc -very, very sad.

Tony Elsby said:
chrislcfc18 said:

I think that will have to happen anyway, because not many potential managers are going to want to come here whilst DB is there as Director of Football. IMO they will all go together with either Shirtliff and or Keown as caretakers until we can get a replacement.

I just hope that we have people in mind so we can make a quick appointment. Personally I dont think anything will happen until after the Gillingham game and I think win, lose or draw it will be his last game in charge, I have a feeling he may well resign.

same here.

hearing him talk in that interview and all that came through for me was a sense of despondancy.

he really didn't seem to know how to retrieve the situation, and i think he will walk before the week is out.he has too much pride to wait til he's 'asked' to leave.

beaumontfox said:
same here.

hearing him talk in that interview and all that came through for me was a sense of despondancy.

he really didn't seem to know how to retrieve the situation, and i think he will walk before the week is out.he has too much pride to wait til he's 'asked' to leave.

Why? It's not Micky's fault it's Connolly's :lol:

i reckon about 85% of all city fans want him gone but we all know how it works he aint gonna leave and he aint gonan get the sack hopefully im wrong cus i want him gone as the next guy, i think the board getting a shortlist of managers together who can bring some light to the lesta tunnel..i hope its not a div 2 or 3 manager...overseas would be great!!!!

hello by the way i recently joined this...its wicked i love this site man...

Spanky Fox said:
i reckon about 85% of all city fans want him gone but we all know how it works he aint gonna leave and he aint gonan get the sack hopefully im wrong cus i want him gone as the next guy, i think the board getting a shortlist of managers together who can bring some light to the lesta tunnel..i hope its not a div 2 or 3 manager...overseas would be great!!!!

hello by the way i recently joined this...its wicked i love this site man...

Its spelt Leicester not Lesta :D :wink:

is sir bobby still looking for a job...cuase i would give it him.. he'd put them into shape..or even gleen hoddle or graham..they great managers..we a big club and if we can get keown then we can get a great manager no offense MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566