Adrien Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who watched him play for Portugal or Sporting I'd imagine.
I've watched him play for Portugal several times. He was nearly always as uninspiring and ineffective as he has been in every minute he had played for us. You can dress it up how you like and bang on about him being a CL player but he isn't nearly equipped enough to play in the Premier League and it'll take a huge amount of time and effort invested in him to change that.

I mean, seriously, a couple of appearances from the subs bench and one decent game does not make him a huge loss all of a sudden. Tielemans did more in his minutes on the pitch than Silva did during his whole time with us but I'm not going to make any judgements at all about him yet until we've seen much more; I'd advise Monaco fans to do the same.

Tielemans probably made more forward passes and runs in one game than Silva has managed in his career. Hopefully Silva continues to impress and we can offload him.

Anyone who watched him play for Portugal or Sporting I'd imagine.

As in, on TV?

But I thought opinions on players only counted if you were actually in the stadium.

Or is that just for LCFC players that you can only comment on matches or performances if you actually at the ground to watch it?

This place can be so confusing.

I've watched him play for Portugal several times. He was nearly always as uninspiring and ineffective as he has been in every minute he had played for us. You can dress it up how you like and bang on about him being a CL player but he isn't nearly equipped enough to play in the Premier League and it'll take a huge amount of time and effort invested in him to change that.

I mean, seriously, a couple of appearances from the subs bench and one decent game does not make him a huge loss all of a sudden. Tielemans did more in his minutes on the pitch than Silva did during his whole time with us but I'm not going to make any judgements at all about him yet until we've seen much more; I'd advise Monaco fans to do the same.

Calm down sweetheart

As in, on TV?

But I thought opinions on players only counted if you were actually in the stadium.

Or is that just for LCFC players that you can only comment on matches or performances if you actually at the ground to watch it?

This place can be so confusing.
I suggest you read my post again, it's not hard to understand is it?

Tielemans probably made more forward passes and runs in one game than Silva has managed in his career. Hopefully Silva continues to impress and we can offload him.

Fingers crossed

Jardim had Adrien at Sporting he may have even appointed him captain, assuming they stay up I think they buy Adrien from us, and personally I think we will sign Tielemans from them as well

Jardim had Adrien at Sporting he may have even appointed him captain, assuming they stay up I think they buy Adrien from us, and personally I think we will sign Tielemans from them as well
Which, on the face of it (albeit based on a very short sample size), would be a good deal for all parties, then?

I've watched him play for Portugal several times. He was nearly always as uninspiring and ineffective as he has been in every minute he had played for us.
In Portugal's last game in the World Cup I thought he was simply outstanding. Ran the midfield and sprayed passes out to the wings etc. Was really looking forward to seeing him playing for us this season. Clearly a player with great talent but something went wrong somewhere. I think the blame lies at our end and not with him.

Sometimes players don't fit a teams style or the style of a certain league, it doesn't make them bad players just a bad fit. I think Silva is one of these players. He was never going to get the time and space he needed to excel in a 2 man midfield in the Premier League. Another example of our currently poor scouting system.

Harry Maguire looked world class in the World Cup. Does he look world class in the Premier League. I don't think so.

Calm down sweetheart
What on earth makes you think I'm anything other? I really don't understand what's wrong with you these days. I think you should perhaps take a holiday.

Oh, I forgot the obligatory 'sweetheart', 'darling' or whatever other silly sign off you wish to make.

In Portugal's last game in the World Cup I thought he was simply outstanding. Ran the midfield and sprayed passes out to the wings etc. Was really looking forward to seeing him playing for us this season. Clearly a player with great talent but something went wrong somewhere. I think the blame lies at our end and not with him.
I thought he was average at best. I remember thinking then that he wasn't going to cut it with us. In his grand total of 156 minutes in the WC, he scored none, had 2 shots only one of which was on target, made two tackles only one of which he won and he managed to get booked. He did get an assist but that was the full extent of his impact. I agree that stats mean largely nothing but from what I saw he was just a bit 'meh'. He may be great for a team like Sporting and he may be a good fit for Monaco but he's not a player we should be wasting time on.

As much as some people like to romanticise about past players the fact is that we bought a bunch of absolute dross that slowly but surely we are managing out of the club.

Last edited:
What on earth makes you think I'm anything other? I really don't understand what's wrong with you these days. I think you should perhaps take a holiday.

Oh, I forgot the obligatory 'sweetheart', 'darling' or whatever other silly sign off you wish to make.

Just go and have a read of your comments since Homer put that link up.

"You can dress it up how you like and bang on about him being a CL player but he isn't nearly equipped enough to play in the Premier League and it'll take a huge amount of time and effort invested in him to change that.

I mean, seriously, a couple of appearances from the subs bench and one decent game does not make him a huge loss all of a sudden. "

Not one person has said he's a loss or a true great player, yet you have made multiple posts going off on one about it, you seem to have a real issue with certain players from Europe to the point where your ranting on your own about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757