Pre Match AEK Athens v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

I think Leeds is going to be a big game and AEK got a pasting off Braga. Id keep Vardy and Fofana at home and have Castagne, Tielemans, Maddison, Mendy, Barnes, Fuchs on the bench. If we lose a centre half we can put Justin, Fuchs in a back three...

Schmeichel
Justin Morgan Evans Thomas
Choudhury Praet
Under Perez Albrighton
Iheanacho

give_us_a_wave

Are you sure? I’ve never heard of an East Midlands club winning a European trophy.
Me neither.

I seem to remember AEK played against Derby in the 70s though.Maybe that's what he meant? But they beat the sheep, which obviously means thay couldn't have won the trophy.
I'm terribly confused !

Was there a little known Anglo-Greek cup in 1972 or something? & did Mansfield beat AEK?

give_us_a_wave

Anyhow....I originally only came in here to see if the "we'll come acropolis" gag had arrived yet.

But it hasn't. So I'm off.

This forum needs to up it's game.

jb5000

Come on, we all know about Nottingham by now don't we. And, be they ever so humble about it, County winning the Anglo-Italian Cup really was a triumph for our entire region

Payne74

I think Leeds is going to be a big game and AEK got a pasting off Braga. Id keep Vardy and Fofana at home and have Castagne, Tielemans, Maddison, Mendy, Barnes, Fuchs on the bench. If we lose a centre half we can put Justin, Fuchs in a back three...

Schmeichel
Justin Morgan Evans Thomas
Choudhury Praet
Under Perez Albrighton
Iheanacho
Leeds isn't until Monday night so I would go full metal jacket for both games, get qualified out of the Euro group and then rest players.

tedfoxxx

Leeds isn't until Monday night so I would go full metal jacket for both games, get qualified out of the Euro group and then rest players.
You want to see Brendan bully someone until they commit a murder/suicide in the changing rooms?!

It’s a Mickey Mouse cup anyway.

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

tedfoxxx

Roy A-Cropper-lis

Robin127

From the BBC tonight

"Full-back Ricardo Pereira is out with an Achilles injury while Caglar Soyuncu and Wilfred Ndidi (both groin) and Nampalys Mendy (thigh) are also out."

Two injuries there I didn't know about.

sparky79

Was Ricardo's achilles or cruciate? Didn't know Mendy was out, hopefully not serious as he's had a serious thigh injury before. Will be amazing if both Pereira and Soyuncu are back by end of Nov: a real shot in the arm and might help us attract the 1 or 2 players we will need to finish off the season.

Micky

Mendy is in the training video so I expect that his reported injury is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Tottenham 920
2Liverpool920
3Chelsea918
4Leicester918
5Southampton917
6Everton916
7Aston Villa815
8West Ham Utd914