After some careful thought.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

I think my personal choice would be Steve Cotterill. He has a track record, he at least gets teams organised and playing together. I think bringing Wilko in, although I cringed, may have been a decision by the board to get some inside info on the man they are lining up.... I would loathe to pay compensation though as wed had him as coach last year.
One for those who will slag him before he arrives..... His first week at the club saw the La Manga incident occur so it must have all been his fault! :? only joking, but I'm sure it'll go down like a lead balloon if he comes, I think he is the right man though. If not then I'm a Gary Johnson fan but you'll all say 'who???????' A big name doesn't necessary mean success.

maybe

isnt gary johnson that yeovil manager hes not that bad to be honest but i think we could probably get better we wouldnt have to pay that much compensation so he might be good i dont really know how many good cheap managers there are out there though.

Anyone who watched the european cup can see that the greeks played like city did under MON and the only conection between the two teams was Theo Zakarakus who I think learned a lot from MON and I am sure that one day he will be a brilliant manager. Remember you heard it hear first

We could do a lot worse than Stevie Cotterill that` for sure, the club have yet to decide whether to go for tried and tested or young up and coming, my mate was at a meeting about it yesterday, what do you all think ?

mad biker said:
We could do a lot worse than Stevie Cotterill that` for sure, the club have yet to decide whether to go for tried and tested or young up and coming, my mate was at a meeting about it yesterday, what do you all think ?

I know this is no help :wink: , but I am hoping someone will leap out at the board and have credentials that look good enough on paper. Ultimately that might be an experienced manager or someone like Adams or Little or O'Neill. :roll: :wink:

mad biker said:

I like the idea of mike Newell personally, I think his record so far has been impressive and he has Leicester in the blood.

Not sure who we would be able to tempt on the 'tried abd tested' route, if it were Strachan I'd be happy, but gregory? No way!

How about you?

alex said:
mad biker said:

I like the idea of mike Newell personally, I think his record so far has been impressive and he has Leicester in the blood.

Not sure who we would be able to tempt on the 'tried abd tested' route, if it were Strachan I'd be happy, but gregory? No way!

How about you?

That is pretty reasonable Alex. :wink:

What is all this crap about 'Leicester in his blood' etc about Mac and Cotterill and Newell and others. None of the top clubs have ex-players managing them. Our best recent manager was a F*rest player for fcuks sake!

Forget the comfort blanket of 'ex City man'. Let us just focus on finding the BEST manager who will come here with our history, resources and baggage. I do not want sympathy and understanding from an ex-player. I want skill, talent, tactical nouse and motivation.

If it takes more money to get the best man available, then so be it. Our future performances are our priority. I would rather have 15 playing out of their skins for Strachan than 25 feeling cosy under McAllister.

If we could sell or offload a few high earners such as Walker to offer more money to get the best manager, it would get my vote. Is Vialli still up for it, Ranieri?. Who is the best and how much do they cost? What is the point in spending £25m in player wages and £1000/week and free crisps to the manager?!

alex said:
What do you mean by that Steven?

Just what I wrote. :shock: It seemed pretty, fairly, uncommonly ordinarily, reasonable. :wink:

alex said:
mad biker said:

How about you?

That's two threads I've read containing the words John Gregory. It could be worse I suppose. Imagine a sentence containing JG and PT. Horrible!
freedom of speech is a wonderful concept but there has to be limits. Where on earth are the moderators? Enough, I say, enough. Talk about lap dancing, Malvern gold cider, City's best-ever players anything that conjures an image of undiluted pleasure. Its a dull and dank-enough day without making it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566