Alan Maybury

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

He disgraced the team today and i hope CL throws the book at him. I was in the Alliance Stand and had a great view of it. I didnt see the QPR players tackle but the guy next to me (a friendly QPR fan) said that there player went in 2 footed which caused the reaction.
But the way Maybury went in, he just swung his leg at the back of the guys legs with no intention of going for the ball and right in front of CL

If it wasnt for the fact we need him at the back i would ban him for a further 2 games after his ban has finished. What a TW*T.

Last edited:
As soon as Maybury made the 'tackle' I knew he'd be sent off, and it shows the blinkered view of a lot of supporters when they blamed the ref for it.

I know we were a goal down at the time, but Maybury may well have cost us the game with his stupidity - and I think he may also have cost himself his place in the team if Sterman does well while he's suspended.

The reaction of both teams after that incident was a disgrace, even Rab Douglas ran half the length of the pitch to get involved in the stramash.

Did a QPR player really throw a punch or were RL being their usual inacurate selfs?

I don't think the fans were having a go at the ref for sending maybury off (cos at the end of the day he deserved it) I think they were more pissed of that he never sent of the Q P R player who ran in and took a swing at maybury and went unnoticed....not even a booking

highland fox said:
Did a QPR player really throw a punch or were RL being their usual inacurate selfs?

I didn't see who the player was, i think it might have been Marc Birchem, but there was a swing at maybury

webmaster said:
Why the hostile reaction from a lot of fans when he showed Maybury the red card then?

I new just like you that he was going to get sent off.......the hostile reaction always happens when a player is sent off, even if he is totally guilty like today, the ref was right to send him off i don't know how anyone can disagree with that......it's just pure frustrating

Irrespective of today's incident, Maybury has obviously not been in any sort of form this season, and at this precise moment Richard Stearman easily looks our best bet at right back, with Maybs on the bench.

This, in my opnion, is the real test of the manager - can he drop his golden boy? He should, but....

And while it was understandable going into the Blackpool game with basically the only fit midfielders available, playing two defensive midfielders at home to QPR when he had other options shows a real lack of ambition. It's OK if you can get in front and then try and protect a lead (although highly boring, especially at home) but the whole system falls down as soon as the opposition get the inevitable early goal. By all means bring on a more defensive-minded player to protect a lead late on if you've got a lead, but you have to get in front first, which is far less likely with six or more defensive-minded players on the park.

I've always been a staunch supporter of CL, but if he shows he's incapable of adapting to situations and dropping players who don't perform, then I can't see how things can improve. Maybe I'm being naive, but....

I like everything he has done in getting younger players who are *supposedly* hungry and energetic, but he has got to act quickly to turn this around. I really want CL to succeed! But unless he starts to be far more positive, pick teams on merit that aim to win and score goals, ditch the zonal marking crap, ditch the stupid "dinked in" corners, and make substitutions that can have an impact on the game rather than keeping players on the bench happy, then I'm afraid we may be looking for a new manager around Christmas....

:102: :icon_sad:

Maybury was a disgrace yesterday, and whilst we will never know how we would have played with 11 players, he let his manager, team mates and most importantly the supporters down. IMO he should be punished by the manager and not just a fine, I to would like to see him banished to the reserves for a run of 2 or 3 games after his ban, this will put a marker down to the whole squad that ill discipline will not be tolerated. And to be honest I dont think we will suffer because in Stearman, I believe we have an excellent replacement.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Maybury was a disgrace yesterday, and whilst we will never know how we would have played with 11 players, he let his manager, team mates and most importantly the supporters down. IMO he should be punished by the manager and not just a fine, I to would like to see him banished to the reserves for a run of 2 or 3 games after his ban, this will put a marker down to the whole squad that ill discipline will not be tolerated. And to be honest I dont think we will suffer because in Stearman, I believe we have an excellent replacement.

Maybury is having a terrible season full stop.

A run in the reserves would have been good with or without the sending off.

What makes it more surprising is that I thought he was our best player last season.

Stearman looks like he will be a great player and I'd be more than happy to see him given an extended run in the first team. I just wish he'd bulk up a bit so he could play in the middle of defence.

webmaster said:
muzzy magic said:
I don't think the fans were having a go at the ref for sending maybury off
Why the hostile reaction from a lot of fans when he showed Maybury the red card then?

I wonder if the reaction wasn't as much aimed at Maybury for his stupidity.

There was also a feeling that he wasn't the only one who deserved a red card as a result of the fracas.

Last edited:
Levein has said Maybury will be punished, and I think that should mean he gets left out of the starting lineup for a couple of games.
Stearman has done well whenever he's played this season, while Maybury has been underperforming anyway. If we're going to punish him, leave him out and tell him it's because of his red card AND his recent performances. It shows the players that any of them can be dropped if they are playing crap, and in Stearman we have an able replacement.

I agree with everyone who has said Maybury has been poor this season. I just wish Levein had the guts to drop him. When Stearman came on yesterday it was like a breath of fresh air, he put some great passes in. I hope now he'll get a good run in the side but as we know he'll probably get relegated to the bench again after Maybury finishes his suspension.

maybury let the team down big time and stearman looks like he wants to put a blue on shirt on

The ref was totally right to send Maybury off but why shouldn't Leicester fans do what every other home fan in the country would do and try to pressurise the ref into some decisions in our favour?

Overall the ref was terrible, he did nothing to try to control a QPR team who were intent on spoiling the game, they were a disgrace to football yesterday.
Interesting to hear Ian Holloways comments on Goals on Sunday, he saw nothing wrong with the two footed challenge on Maybury and then went on to say how much he likes 'honest' players. Obviously his definition of honest is slightly different to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669