Alarm not working on Samsung Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willlow

The Mrs has recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy phone.

We use it as an alarm in the morning and it has failed to work twice. The settings are all correct, and the sound is definitely on, I have even set it for 5 minutes time and it works straight away.

I have already had a look on the web but there doesnt seem to be any answer. Wondered if anybody on here has had a similar problem?

We use it as an alarm in the morning and it has failed to work twice. The settings are all correct, and the sound is definitely on, I have even set it for 5 minutes time and it works straight away.

I have already had a look on the web but there doesnt seem to be any answer. Wondered if anybody on here has had a similar problem?

Mrs has got the same phone and uses it every day as an alarm and at various times and has never had a problem. Not much help sorry. Have you been in touch with your provider they may just replace it under warranty if you can prove the problem.

is it an Android model? ive had this problem on occasion with my Android and I found out it was because I had an app killing app which was killing the alarm service. any help?

is it an Android model? ive had this problem on occasion with my Android and I found out it was because I had an app killing app which was killing the alarm service. any help?

Developers I have dealt with say that app killers are at best pointless and at worst cause serious problems with android, the OS was designed to manage apps effectively and usually closes unrequired apps unless they are badly written.

Yes it is an android model. I dont suppose you know how to stop the app killing app from running do you :icon_wink

remove it from the phone :102:

:icon_roll:icon_roll Now I know why you are called bacon!

Does anybody know where the App killing App is located on the phone (settings, applications, etc) so that I can find it and then delete it. I have had a quick look and cant seem to find anything.

Does anybody know where the App killing App is located on the phone (settings, applications, etc) so that I can find it and then delete it. I have had a quick look and cant seem to find anything.

I doubt it's there Baco unless she installed it which I find highly unlikely :)

Theres been loads of issues with phones alarms since the clocks went back. Best bet is to update the software on the phone. It may be it hasn't been fixed yet so keep trying over the next few weeks.

It's an issue with the phone. Seems the alarm only definately works whilst the screen is on. As soon as it goes to lock theres a possibility the alarm wont work.

Open the market app, go to downloads, find the app you want to remove from the list, hit uninstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566