Alexander Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone explain to me why the club and the Mercury is so heavily publicising this potential signing.

The Mercury is publicising it because it is 'on the wire' and if they don't somebody else will - we have known about it and been commenting on it for a couple of days now.

The Club is seemingly trying to play it down in the same way that they initially did when news of Shakespeare's move was published by WBA. They have done little more than comment on the speculation of the Mercury and others.

Because he agent has already received a brown envelope stuffed full of paper, and it had a leicester post mark on it.

:icon_bigg

Thank you.

Do you know I had never thought of that.

He must be a truly brilliant player for all that money to be spent on postage - you know how costly sending a letter abroad is these days.

This whole transfer is strange.

Our chairman and strange transfers...

you are kidding right?

Just to disclaim, I am not suggesting that our chairman has done anything wrong, I am merely alluding to recent stories that have been recently published in the gutter press.

Update via Setana Sports...if its true he's making the part of the journey by car he seems keen!

City target faces torturous trip
by Adam Marshall, 04 July 2008
Aleksander Tunchev is still determined to join Leicester City, even though reports of him jetting in from his homeland are wide of the mark.

Due to the closure of Sofia Airport, after warehouse blasts nearby, sources in Bulgaria claim the CSKA Moscow captain has faced a torturous trip to put pen-to-paper on his Foxes contract with a major part of the journey being undertaken by car.

The centre back will cost €1 million (just under £800,000) and will mark a major investment for a League One club by City supremo Milan Mandaric as Leicester bid to gain promotion under new boss Nigel Pearson.

Worryingly for City, the 26-year-old Bulgaria international has also been targeted by PAOK Thessaloniki and this was one of the destinations on his new itinerary but Leicester are tipped to win the chase for his services.

Gosh, I really hope he makes it

I've got so excited by this deal, I now think that our whole season depends on him signing

Come Alexander, we're waiting for you :038:

I've got so excited by this deal, I now think that our whole season depends on him signing

:icon_lol::icon_lol: There was me thinking you were going to be sarcastic!

Its ok he has a Pushbike in the back of his Lada if it breaksdown

Bless him. I expect he'll crawl the last few yards to the walkers on bloodied knees and hands.

trabant.jpg

don't worry Homer, Alexander has been spotted 600 Kilometres from Budapest in his club Trabant en route to the Walkers.

Last edited:
Its ok he has a Pushbike in the back of his Lada if it breaksdown

He is actually crossing Europe in his self-maintained 1957 Trabant 500 and hopes to reach The Walkers car park in good time for the new season. Obviously this is subject to being able to access any necessary spares and given the sparse number of Trabant main dealers trading these days in western Europe, all our thoughts and best wishes will be with him.

He is actually crossing Europe in his self-maintained 1957 Trabant 500 and hopes to reach The Walkers car park in good time for the new season. Obviously this is subject to being able to access any necessary spares and given the sparse number of Trabant main dealers trading these days in western Europe, all our thoughts and best wishes will be with him.

i heard he was arriving by sneaking though the chanel crossing in a old transit van, along with a few of his bulgarian team mates also looking for work in the lower leagues.

Tunchev is being smuggled into Britain by a gang of east european human trafficers. He will most assuredly be sold into the sex trade where he will play football by day for 'cover'. But by night he will be servicing the needs of the depraved and the debauched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669