All New Football Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the latest position with Dickov, it would appear that he's still not signed for Blackpool, can it mean that he could come here, as MM said we still have 2 or 3 to come in

Not an earthly

His choices are Blackpool in the Championship, Toronto in the MLS, or Leicester in the no-hope duffers league

Easy choice, methinks

Not an earthly

His choices are Blackpool in the Championship, Toronto in the MLS, or Leicester in the no-hope duffers league

Easy choice, methinks
Or another way of looking at it is a choice between a tin-pot club out of its depth and destined for a relegation battle, a linkup with Danny Dichio in the bonkers MLS, or a club that's a big fish in a small pond with a Chairman desperate enough to dish out fatter, longer contracts than anyone else.

I think we need another striker still, whether that be Dickov or not.

In theory the strikers we've got should be good enough, but I'm just worried that after last season (or the last couple of seasons in Fryatt's case) then they will all be so devoid of confidence that they'll still keep missing simple chances.

And we STILL don't have a central midfielder to break and support the strikers. Unless Nicky Adams can play there? But it looks like he's mainly played on the wing so far? Weso, Clemence and Oakley are all too similar.

With the squad we currently have I cannot see us being promoted.

With the squad we currently have I can see us being relegated.

Seriously.

Half this lot flatter to deceive and are nowhere need good enough. The other half give the appearance that they can barely be bothered to get dressed in the morning, let alone give their all for Leicester City.

In today's Merc it seems that NP and MM are singing from different hymn sheets when it comes to player recruitment too. Hasn't NP yet grasped the fact that this is MM's annual beak wetting time? *There's dodgy deals to be done!

*This is purely a humorous comment based on widely reported allegations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need another striker still, whether that be Dickov or not.

In theory the strikers we've got should be good enough, but I'm just worried that after last season (or the last couple of seasons in Fryatt's case) then they will all be so devoid of confidence that they'll still keep missing simple chances.

And we STILL don't have a central midfielder to break and support the strikers. Unless Nicky Adams can play there? But it looks like he's mainly played on the wing so far? Weso, Clemence and Oakley are all too similar.

It's not confidence they lack, it's talent

As for midfield, beginning to think that King may be a better option than Weso. Suprisingly, Kish looks like he may be a serious contender for the midfield from some accounts of the friendly.

What is the latest position with Dickov, it would appear that he's still not signed for Blackpool, can it mean that he could come here, as MM said we still have 2 or 3 to come in

Dickov will not be coming to Leicester.

I don't want anymore additions unless they are proven class. So far i have seen a solid squad of honest professionals who will be competitive. What we need now is the "cherry on our football cake" no more squad men.

With the squad we currently have I can see us being relegated.

Seriously.

Half this lot flatter to deceive and are nowhere need good enough. The other half give the appearance that they can barely be bothered to get dressed in the morning, let alone give their all for Leicester City.

In today's Merc it seems that NP and MM are singing from different hymn sheets when it comes to player recruitment too. Hasn't NP yet grasped the fact that this is MM's annual beak wetting time? There's dodgy deals to be done!

From a legal standpoint I'd be careful about any comments that you make in this regard on football forums.

Norwich evening paper:
Canaries to go Howard’s way

MICHAEL BAILEY
24 July 2008 10:06

Leicester City striker Steve Howard is believed to be a prime target for Glenn Roeder as he enters the final stages of his summer rebuilding strategy.

Having snapped up Arturo Lupoli on a season-long loan from Italian giants Fiorentina, the City boss has a relatively short firing line of the Italian Under-21 international and his new team-mates, Chris Martin and Jamie Cureton, to call upon.

The Foxes' target man has already been linked with Norwich during the summer and, with Roeder stating his desire to get in a big target man - effectively a replacement for the retired Dion Dublin - before pre-season is up, sources close to Carrow Road have indicated Howard is now high on what remains of Roeder's summer shopping list.

The 32-year-old former Derby and Luton target man was playing Premier League football at Pride Park as recently as January but having moved to the Walkers Stadium for £1.5m, his six goals in 20 appearances failed to keep the Foxes in the Championship.

Now the 6ft 3in striker faces a season in the third tier of English football and despite figuring in Leicester's pre-season friendlies to date, it is believed Howard would want a return to Championship football if the terms were right.

Speaking after City's 3-0 victory over Falkenbergs FF on Tuesday night, and following confirmation of Lupoli's capture, Roeder said: “He's an extremely hard-working player [Lupoli] and works off the shoulder, makes runs in behind and we now need to find a bigger, more physical striker for him and for Jamie Cureton to play with, because Cureton's at his best when he's playing with a bigger striker alongside him, the same as Arturo.”

Wolves are believed to have inquired about Howard earlier in the summer, while there may need to be some discussion over the his wages, with the striker said to be one of the top earners at the Walkers, who still have businessman Milan Mandaric in control of the purse strings.

Meanwhile, Roeder's chances of bagging another reported target were slipping after Bristol City had a £1.5m offer accepted for Coventry City's Michael Mifsud yesterday.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to Brian and Micheal ?
Michael has now finished as the Manager of Getafe, and was recently linked with the Blackburn job. Brian is now a commentator alongside Peter Schmeichal for TV3+.

I think they're both living back in Denmark but can't be 100% certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669