Allen runs rule over Danish coach Poulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

by Bill Anderson

Martin Allen is running the rule over a possible addition to his coaching staff during Leicester City's two-match pre-season tour to Scotland.

The City boss has Danish coach Kim Poulsen working with the squad as they prepare to meet Partick Thistle tonight and Kilmarnock on Saturday.

City are still one member of staff down on the original plan following Dave Hockaday's decision to move to Southampton after joining as first-team coach from MK Dons, and Allen said: “I have got a Danish coach, Kim Poulsen, working me for the week.

“I have had him working with us at the training ground, and quite liked him, so I have got him here for the week, to see how he can fit in to the work that Adrian Whitbread (assistant manager) and I do.

“We will see by the end of the week whether we will take him on or not.”

City were instantly in action when they arrived at their Troon training base yesterday.

After a delayed flight had held up their schedule, they were soon in the midst of a two-and-a-half-hour training session at Dam Park, next to Ayr Racecourse where a race meeting was going on.

But Allen is more interested in his own thoroughbreds.

Looking out across Royal Troon golf course from the terrace of the famous Marine Hotel in bright sunshine, Allen said: “The facilities are great and the most important thing was going to be the state of the pitch we would be training on, a proper, well watered, well drained pitch, not rock hard and dry.

“We sent someone up here weeks ago to check everything in detail. Some might ask why we have been working late hours but it was this preparation.”

There had to be a slight alteration to the group as goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell stayed behind for family reasons and Rab Douglas took over his duties, as he had been doing before Stowell's appointment.

Like the last two City managers, Allen is taking measures to ensure any of the horror stories of former trips like the infamous La Manga affairs are cast into the past by enforcing a strict curfew and setting up a special “games” room.

Apart from the usual table-tennis, there will be games of all sorts, the full spectrum from chess and backgammon to Kerplunk and Operation!

Allen said: “It is all there for them, a big TV as well, so that all the players can get together and there will be no reason to go out.”

by Bill Anderson

Martin Allen is running the rule over a possible addition to his coaching staff during Leicester City's two-match pre-season tour to Scotland.

The City boss has Danish coach Kim Poulsen working with the squad as they prepare to meet Partick Thistle tonight and Kilmarnock on Saturday.

City are still one member of staff down on the original plan following Dave Hockaday's decision to move to Southampton after joining as first-team coach from MK Dons, and Allen said: “I have got a Danish coach, Kim Poulsen, working me for the week.

“I have had him working with us at the training ground, and quite liked him, so I have got him here for the week, to see how he can fit in to the work that Adrian Whitbread (assistant manager) and I do.

“We will see by the end of the week whether we will take him on or not.”

City were instantly in action when they arrived at their Troon training base yesterday.

After a delayed flight had held up their schedule, they were soon in the midst of a two-and-a-half-hour training session at Dam Park, next to Ayr Racecourse where a race meeting was going on.

But Allen is more interested in his own thoroughbreds.

Looking out across Royal Troon golf course from the terrace of the famous Marine Hotel in bright sunshine, Allen said: “The facilities are great and the most important thing was going to be the state of the pitch we would be training on, a proper, well watered, well drained pitch, not rock hard and dry.

“We sent someone up here weeks ago to check everything in detail. Some might ask why we have been working late hours but it was this preparation.”

There had to be a slight alteration to the group as goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell stayed behind for family reasons and Rab Douglas took over his duties, as he had been doing before Stowell's appointment.

Like the last two City managers, Allen is taking measures to ensure any of the horror stories of former trips like the infamous La Manga affairs are cast into the past by enforcing a strict curfew and setting up a special “games” room.

Apart from the usual table-tennis, there will be games of all sorts, the full spectrum from chess and backgammon to Kerplunk and Operation!

Allen said: “It is all there for them, a big TV as well, so that all the players can get together and there will be no reason to go out.”
:038: He should extend this into the season then!

surely one of them has a Wii...

not alowed due to injury fears :icon_bigg:icon_wink

Be careful people, watch that range of motion! Make movements based on the size of the room you are in! Remember, tiny flicks of the wrist work as well. Trust me, this guy really cut his hand!

brokenscreen1.jpg

Broken laptop screen.

Picture_003s_01.jpg

Broken lamp.

Picture_005.jpg

picture002az0.jpg

picture001cd5.jpg

This guy ended with a cut in his hand, broken lamp and wiimote.

Note: Remember to wear the strap at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669