Amir Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

the latest
Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan insists he is still an amateur and has no plans to join the paid professional ranks - at least for the moment.

But the Bolton teenager's manager Asif Vali revealed he has had talks with a number of professional promoters following the row over tickets that prompted Khan to withdraw from the ABA Championships.

Khan pulled out of the quarter-finals of the ABA light welterweight tournament after the venue in Great Yarmouth could not meet the demand for tickets from his legion of fans.

But asked on Sky Sports News if he was about to turn professional, he replied: "Not that I know of. Asif and my Dad are talking to people, but nothing has been decided yet.

"I'm still an amateur at the moment and looking forward to staying amateur and fighting on a show."

Where and when that show will take place is in the balance, however, since Khan's withdrawal from the ABAs leaves his options as an amateur limited.

Vali added: "I have had all the promoters on the phone since this broke - and not just from this country. They do see it as an opportunity.

"But I still say now, we will sit down with the ABA and see how they want to progress it. The ball is in their court, it is up to them."

Khan will turn professional - it is merely a question of when: "I have always wanted to be a professional and to be a world champion," he added. "But not yet. One step at a time."

Earlier, top British promoter Frank Warren revealed that he has been in talks with Khan's advisors.

Warren confirmed: "Of course I am in negotiations with Amir - I have always said he should turn professional.

"Is it really worth him waiting another four years just to go one better and get the gold? I am confident of striking a deal. My track record speaks for itself and will hopefully swing it.

From skysports

ScarboroughFox said:
DurhamFox said:
Its going well the 'other sports' forum isnt it Scarby!? :lol: :lol:

No not really :(

i try really i do, but alas nothing.....its times like this that i was i never was a moderator!!

You heard him Webbo - strike him off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670