Andre Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia Journeyman (football)
A journeyman is a term used to describe a football player who has played for many clubs during his career. Whilst most players change clubs at least once in their careers, Journeymen are rarely at one club for an extended period, and some seemingly change club every year.

But did I use the word "journeyman"?

Oh I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance
He wants to dance, He loves to dance, He's got to dance
Oh I love to love
But my baby just loves to dance
Oh I love to love
But there's no time for our romance
No no no oh

He was not offered a contract from Portsmouth Academy when he turned 18. He has just had his first professional contract with Bristol City. Hardly makes him a 'journeyman' does it.

Blackman began his career as a trainee with Arsenal before moving to Tottenham Hotspur and then on to Portsmouth at the age of 16. He started his professional career by signing a two year contract with Bristol City after his release by Portsmouth.

Got bounced out of 2 PL academies and then got released by Portsmouth and Bristol City - with that and his reported attitude problems it hardly makes him an attractive prospect. I know we don't know the whole story, but there's obviously something amiss there.

Got bounced out of 2 PL academies and then got released by Portsmouth and Bristol City - with that and his reported attitude problems it hardly makes him an attractive prospect. I know we don't know the whole story, but there's obviously something amiss there.

Yes, but did those clubs have the lovely, soothing, Mr Chris Powell?

How on earth anyone can say this isn't worth the gamble then they're mad! In Chris Powell we have a fantastic role model, his contract will include certain contigencies for if the player refuses to work/becomes disruptive - and should he get his career on track again then clearly we have a talented player in the squad for nowt'...

Feck me.

How can signing a reportedly talented 18 year old player be a waste of time?

Even if we had 2 permanent left backs, signing an 18 year who sounds promising can't be a bad thing.

Talented or not he has to sort his attitude out,if he fecks this up, that could be his career over.

You only have to look at Stan Collymore and Joey Barton whose promising football careers have been blighted by 'going off the rails'.

From a Portsmouth site, after he left them in the summer:

"loook that article is wrroong...... andre didnt get released he was givin a pro.....and turned it down because bristol wanted him and becz he knew he would def be playing first team next season....he was the best player in the reseys by far and was one of the youngest...and the reason is cz andre didnt wanan stay u dont no portsmouth i play for pompey and was very good m8s with andre ...was on the phone too him last night .... dnt listen too wat u read on the net my friends... andre was better off going and made a lot of money out of it....he wasgood enuff to play first team for pompey but moved cz he just wouldnt have!!!
pompey playa"

"loook that article is wrroong...... andre didnt get released he was givin a pro.....and turned it down because bristol wanted him and becz he knew he would def be playing first team next season....he was the best player in the reseys by far and was one of the youngest...and the reason is cz andre didnt wanan stay u dont no portsmouth i play for pompey and was very good m8s with andre ...was on the phone too him last night .... dnt listen too wat u read on the net my friends... andre was better off going and made a lot of money out of it....he wasgood enuff to play first team for pompey but moved cz he just wouldnt have!!!
pompey playa"

Thanks Jeff, that's great, but what language is it and what does it say?

pompey playa"

Feck me it'd take me ages to read threads if all posts were made like that

Thanks Jeff, that's great, but what language is it and what does it say?

I'm not an expert, but I've seen enough Gibberish over the years to recognise the language.
I think it's someone claiming to be a Portsmouth player, who says Blackman went to Bristol City for the money and because he'd get some first team football, which wouldn't have happened if he stayed where he was. KMFT LOOLZ ROFL ROLF innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669