Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you have to move away from your home town to better your career, this isn't just the case with football, its any career.

I am aware of this Midland and have done it myself, but that wasn't the point i was making. If he is ambitious i'm sure he would choose us but the article suggests that he has stronger ties to South London. How many young players of his age have been homesick and have not settled. If he comes and does settle in then i would be happy with him joining us as he is a very good prospect

I am aware of this Midland and have done it myself, but that wasn't the point i was making. If he is ambitious i'm sure he would choose us but the article suggests that he has stronger ties to South London. How many young players of his age have been homesick and have not settled. If he comes and does settle in then i would be happy with him joining us as he is a very good prospect

He's 20, how many people younger than 20 across the world move away from their home town to go to university every year??

He's 20, how many people younger than 20 across the world move away from their home town to go to university every year??

Yes i agree you are right in what you say but that doesn't alter my main points that he
a) has declared his pashun for Millwall and South London
b) it is not unusual for young players to find a move away difficult

A twenty year old footballer should be excited about learning football from Sven. It sounds as though Millwall and Kenny Jackett is his comfort zone. If the young man does not want to listen to one of the most experienced managers in the game he will not deserve to get on.

I have no sympathy for young men who fail to settle. Jeffrey Brumah came from Holland (via Chelsea) and Miguel Vitor from Portugal. In fact I think a young footballer might do better away from London. He is less likely to get into trouble spending an evening at The Little Theatre rather than at Stringfellows.

A twenty year old footballer should be excited about learning football from Sven. It sounds as though Millwall and Kenny Jackett is his comfort zone. If the young man does not want to listen to one of the most experienced managers in the game he will not deserve to get on.

I have no sympathy for young men who fail to settle. Jeffrey Brumah came from Holland (via Chelsea) and Miguel Vitor from Portugal. In fact I think a young footballer might do better away from London. He is less likely to get into trouble spending an evening at The Little Theatre rather than at Stringfellows.

Worked for Mattock

Ha Ha, very good DG. I would like to meet such a player. You are right of course, any ambitious20 yr old would surely walk to Leicester for the coaching and guidance he would get from Sven. An evening of amateur operatics would be ideal to broaden his development in the evening. Jon Rudkin should consider this for the academy lads. BTW I don't mean to sound sarcastic, just appreciating your comments.

According to the foxestalk 'insiders', this deal is likely to happen by the end of the week! Has anybody seen this guy play?

He was asked about the possibility of rejoining Millwall, not about a choice between Millwall and Leicester. The article is poorly written.

He is likely to join us this week on a season long loan (so say's bert). He'd only be coming if Redknapp believed he'd get plenty of games as that is what he wants for him this season. He could go to any of a dozen Championship teams. He is very quick and plays best on the left side of a front three. More a creative player than a finisher though. He always seems to play better in attacking teams. Generally well thought of wherever he's been on loan and he's at that make or break age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00