Another asset goes

Canada paul

When Leicester sign somebody either a player manager or a brush sweeper who’s any good they have to make things very clear that they have to stay the length of their contract. Leicester are world famous for bringing people from nowhere, making them great and then loosing them to a London club or a more famous club than Leicester. Bring back the scouts who worked with Pearson and let them find us a new manager, and not another pep clone.

Unfortunately if you add in a release clause (and it’s sensible to do so) and the compensation is matched then there’s not a jot you can do.

Particularly when it’s a club like Chelsea with the resources they have available.

I believe there is always something that can be done . But in the short term let’s hope he fails, which in itself could be the best deterrent because he not only let the club down but the players and the supporters.

I believe there is always something that can be done . But in the short term let’s hope he fails, which in itself could be the best deterrent because he not only let the club down but the players and the supporters.
He hasn't. He got a better job offer. It's not rocket science.

He'd have let the club and supporters down if he'd failed to get us promoted .

Being seen as a stepping stone to Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal is absolutely fine and allows us to attract managers that other clubs may not.

Should I?

Do you actually want young ambitious players and managers to want to join our club?
Yes I do want these players and managers to join the club, but I also want them to stay. I don’t want Leicester to be a stepping stone I want Leicester to be a club where all the top people no Matter what position they fill want to come . I think Leicester should be the same as your Chelsea’s and man unites not a place for these clubs to pilfer from. Leicester obviously gave peps clone a chance, and he threw it in our face the first opportunity , obviously the man has not one ounce of loyalty

Yes I do want these players and managers to join the club, but I also want them to stay. I don’t want Leicester to be a stepping stone I want Leicester to be a club where all the top people no Matter what position they fill want to come . I think Leicester should be the same as your Chelsea’s and man unites not a place for these clubs to pilfer from. Leicester obviously gave peps clone a chance, and he threw it in our face the first opportunity , obviously the man has not one ounce of loyalty
Whether you think Leicester should be the same as those clubs, you have to accept the reality that we aren’t. When we won the Premier League we lost Kante to Chelsea.

And why should a man who you disrespectfully refer to as “Pep’s clone” show any loyalty to you as a fan? Will you be calling Corberan disloyal and berating him if he leaves West Brom for us?

Every industry has a hierarchy. Deal with it.

An asset is a resource with economic value that an individual or corporation owns or controls with the expectation that it will provide a future benefit.

In Enzo's case, he brought 10m of compensation from Chelsea. I'm not sure what we paid Man City when he joined, but I'm sure that the net gain is in our favour. If you add the revenue increase aligned with our return to the premier league, our former asset delivered spectacularly.

Managers and Players are just employees - if you expect more, you are deluded.

Being seen as a stepping stone to Man City, Chelsea or Arsenal is absolutely fine and allows us to attract managers that other clubs may not.
Although several recent LCFC players have moved onto 'big' clubs, not sure that is the case for managers - think Enzo is the first to step up. I recallt hat a few other managers have left us and moved on to Celtic, Aston Villa or Wolves but I can't think of anyone else who has made the step up to a 'big six' (just) club, most seem to sink downwards.

Although several recent LCFC players have moved onto 'big' clubs, not sure that is the case for managers - think Enzo is the first to step up. I recallt hat a few other managers have left us and moved on to Celtic, Aston Villa or Wolves but I can't think of anyone else who has made the step up to a 'big six' (just) club, most seem to sink downwards.
Megson—>Bolton

When Leicester sign somebody either a player manager or a brush sweeper who’s any good they have to make things very clear that they have to stay the length of their contract. Leicester are world famous for bringing people from nowhere, making them great and then loosing them to a London club or a more famous club than Leicester. Bring back the scouts who worked with Pearson and let them find us a new manager, and not another pep clone.
Appreciate the sentiment Paul but you're living in a complete fantasy if you think this is ever going to happen.

If we're famous for bringing players from nowhere and selling them for serious money afterwards, I don't see that as a problem. We are simply never going to be the same size as Chelsea, or Manchester United.

Similarly - if a manager is poached and offered 4 times his salary here, of course he will leave.
Anyone who pretends they'd do otherwise in their own careers is lying.

I don’t think I am living a fantasy when I ask for a bit of loyalty take vardy for instant , I would quess he has been approached by these so called big clubs but he is still at Leicester . Wouldn’t it be nice if a few more had his mindset. And why do we keep thinking that Leicester are a small club as apposed to the likes of Chelsea , I remember going to watch Chelsea play Carlton when they were in the then second division . The only reason these so called big clubs are big clubs is mainly attributed to the influx of offshore money. I know you are going to say our club is now offshore money but I think our owner has more compassion than them, we just have to keep looking for a little more loyalty

I remember going to watch Chelsea play Carlton when they were in the then second division .
And at that time, people (presumably) didn't refer to them as a big club.

Some people remember Taylor Swift before she was famous, or seeing U2 at their first concert, or seeing Tom Hanks in his first college production. That doesn't equate to them not now being massive stars in their chosen industry.

Seriously Paul, give it up mate. For every Vardy there will be a Mahrez, Kante, Maresca, Lineker, Maguire, etc.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663