Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trevor Benjamin

• David Connolly

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Steve Claridge fan here too! He was simply something else completely different to the rest of them on the list.

From the list, I think Heskey would edge it for me, whenever he had the ball for us you knew he would blast his way forward & brush the defence aside.

Cottee would be close!

Always made me smile to see Claridge or Marshall on the pitch, All the other players have a dead tidy appearance and boy of them always had their shirt un-tucked and their socks around their ankles They looked a pair of un-professional scufs, but both done well for city.

PS I loved MON comment about Marshall. "When he is fit he is one of the best players in England. Problem is. he has never been fit"

step said:
Always made me smile to see Claridge or Marshall on the pitch, All the other players have a dead tidy appearance and boy of them always had their shirt un-tucked and their socks around their ankles They looked a pair of un-professional scufs, but both done well for city.

indeed, ha brings back the memories.... legends

Heskey and Claridge for me were both fantastic and were key players for us for different reasons, it was fantastic to see a player of Claridge's appearance make such an impact, and Heskey was such a willing workhorse for the team and was the focul point of MON's team play and style was an tireless runner and a great outlet.

Dickov was also fantastic but spoilt it all with the way he left the club.

A personal favourite of mine was Kevin Russell or rooster what a cult figure he was.

" Kevin Russell, Kevin Russell,
Kevin, Kevin Russell,
He's got no hair but we dont care,
Kevin, Kevin Russell"

Absolute Class.

Ian Marshall was a Star,never quite the same though after he got the 'Mullet' chopped though......

Stan Collymore had the most natural ability. If MON stayed he would have became a star again, i have no doubts.

as for contribution to the club its gotta be cottee or heskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00