Any Chance of Thatcher staying???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
I'd rather LCFC had Muzzy for two years than £6.5million. Wouldn't you?

Do I get the 6.5 million or does the club??

I think at the time it would have been highly preferable to sale Muzzy. We could have got Brian Hughes as a sirect replacement.

Loyalty shmoyalty, what is it?? How can you define loyalty?? It's the most over-rated word ever similar to legend and love, people use it falsly. The problem with loyalty in football is there are too many hurdles to jump for you to stay loyal, football is a sport and a business. These players who we worship may also be fans of football but they are doing it as a job aswell, then there are agents that are always biting away at the club and players, then there are the chairman that f*ck clubs up the arse like Leeds did and it leaves players no option but to leave and then be made out to be unloyal like Alan Smith. In an ideal world all footballers would be loyal and play for the club they would die for and never leave, give 160% and go and chat with the fans after and try and make the club a better place. Us fans are so fickle though, we don't look at football as a business we obviously look at it as a sport because it's in our blood. The majority of us hate work and would we give a shit about the company we work for? I will answer that for you, NO. I would quite happily leave my place in the shit because I only work because I have to. Now others may have pride in what they do, but when there are obstacles out there you possibly won't stay as loyal as what us fans in football would expect you to.

Malf said:
Loyalty shmoyalty, what is it?? How can you define loyalty?? It's the most over-rated word ever similar to legend and love, people use it falsly. The problem with loyalty in football is there are too many hurdles to jump for you to stay loyal, football is a sport and a business. These players who we worship may also be fans of football but they are doing it as a job aswell, then there are agents that are always biting away at the club and players, then there are the chairman that f*ck clubs up the arse like Leeds did and it leaves players no option but to leave and then be made out to be unloyal like Alan Smith. In an ideal world all footballers would be loyal and play for the club they would die for and never leave, give 160% and go and chat with the fans after and try and make the club a better place. Us fans are so fickle though, we don't look at football as a business we obviously look at it as a sport because it's in our blood. The majority of us hate work and would we give a shit about the company we work for? I will answer that for you, NO. I would quite happily leave my place in the shit because I only work because I have to. Now others may have pride in what they do, but when there are obstacles out there you possibly won't stay as loyal as what us fans in football would expect you to.

I agree in principle, but most footballers love what they do, its not your average nine to five job. As for loyalty, you are right it rarely exists, however, I think what most people are annoyed about is that many of these players had several years left on their contracts yet still they are leaving...its irritating, but Its the nature of the game. Players are increasingly mercinary, clubs have less power. We should have introduced provisions in contracts that if players visibly didn't match their potential they could be let go (I'm thinking of Gillespie as I write this)...If I was S*it at my job i'd be sacked!

well hes gone!been on the man city OS and theres quotes from him about signing and everything.pitty city cant break these things to use quickly rather than finding out way after the fact!but hey thats city for you,no thought for fans

Batman said:
Malf said:

I agree in principle, but most footballers love what they do, its not your average nine to five job. As for loyalty, you are right it rarely exists, however, I think what most people are annoyed about is that many of these players had several years left on their contracts yet still they are leaving...its irritating, but Its the nature of the game. Players are increasingly mercinary, clubs have less power. We should have introduced provisions in contracts that if players visibly didn't match their potential they could be let go (I'm thinking of Gillespie as I write this)...If I was S*it at my job i'd be sacked!

Good post.

We as fans do tend to let emotions get in the way of the harsh reality of football - They're just employees at the end of the day, and more often than not, they're looking to earn as much as they can. You can't blame them for that, but the manner in which they do depart riles the fans - Especially in the cases of Dickov and Thatcher. Two players who we rescued when no one else would even consider touching them. Micky relaunched their careers again, and he gets repaid by those players buggering off when we needed them most, and who were partly responsible for getting the club relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363