Any PS3 game suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

I've torn the ligament in my knee and the doctor's told me it will take around 13 weeks to heal.... at the minute, I can't drive and I'm on crutches, so lots of boring evenings/weekends stuck in the house coming up!

So I need a new game. Anyone got any good suggestions for PS3 games? To be honest, most of the time I just end up going back to football games, but any good action games? Not a big fan of shooters (because I'm rubbish at them), but something like Arkham Asylum/City would be ideal!

They don't have to be especially new, as I don't get through that many games so chances are I won't have played it.

If you're looking for a decent single player game then I've just really enjoyed the Assasin's Creed games. Granted I've got the first 2 for the 360 but I presume they would be the same.

Easily available for a 5er each second hand and a good few hours gameplay involved though it can get a bit repetitive.

Sounds like you're a fan of third-person action / adventure / mystery games like me. Lots of suggestions for you (listed in order of greatness - greatest at the top)...

- Uncharted 1, 2 and 3. That trilogy should keep you happy for a long time.
- Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations (skip the first AC - get up to speed by reading the story online instead before starting II).
- Most of the Rockstar adventure games e.g. Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3.
- Dead Space 1 and 2. Turn the lights off, scare yourself shitless.
- Infamous 1 and 2. Fun superhero series. 2 is better.
- Heavy Rain. Quite different from any of the above, but very atmospheric and enjoyable.

Hope that helps!

Sounds like you're a fan of third-person action / adventure / mystery games like me. Lots of suggestions for you (listed in order of greatness - greatest at the top)...

- Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations (skip the first AC - get up to speed by reading the story online instead before starting II).
- Most of the Rockstar adventure games e.g. Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3.
- Heavy Rain. Quite different from any of the above, but very atmospheric and enjoyable.

Hope that helps!

Really liked Heavy Rain

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I played Heavy Rain, good game. Very different. Only played it once so maybe I should revisit it!

I've played Infamous but for some reason lost a bit of interest. I did like it though, so maybe I'll go for the 2nd one. I've got one of the Assasins Creed games too, but didn't really get into it. I think just because I was playing something else at the same time that I did get into though.

never been a big fan of the GTA games, too much messing around getting between missions, but LA Noire does look tempting. Do you have to do the same still though?

Kingy, what is Prototype like?

Last edited:
Thanks! I played Heavy Rain, good game. Very different. Only played it once so maybe I should revisit it!

I've played Infamous but for some reason lost a bit of interest. I did like it though, so maybe I'll go for the 2nd one. I've got one of the Assasins Creed games too, but didn't really get into it. I think just because I was playing something else at the same time that I did get into though.

never been a big fan of the GTA games, too much messing around getting between missions, but LA Noire does look tempting. Do you have to do the same still though?

Kingy, what is Prototype like?

If it's the first Assassin's Creed you played, I can understand why you didn't get into it. Incredibly boring, repetitive game. Overrated. The rest are superb though, and III (coming this Autumn) looks great.

I did struggle with Infamous myself, but got there in the end. 2 is much better.

L.A. Noire is vastly different to GTA. If you like stylish crime dramas / mysteries, you'll love it. Interviewing suspects is a unique experience, but very tricky. I really enjoyed it, but not all do.

Doesn't sound like you've tried Uncharted yet. You really must. 2 is the best in my opinion, but you should definitely start from the beginning. Such an engrossing, thrilling experience with the best graphics you will ever see (particularly in 3).

If it's the first Assassin's Creed you played, I can understand why you didn't get into it. Incredibly boring, repetitive game. Overrated. The rest are superb though, and III (coming this Autumn) looks great.

I did struggle with Infamous myself, but got there in the end. 2 is much better.

L.A. Noire is vastly different to GTA. If you like stylish crime dramas / mysteries, you'll love it. Interviewing suspects is a unique experience, but very tricky. I really enjoyed it, but not all do.

Doesn't sound like you've tried Uncharted yet. You really must. 2 is the best in my opinion, but you should definitely start from the beginning. Such an engrossing, thrilling experience with the best graphics you will ever see (particularly in 3).

Uncharted sounds interesting but very much a gun game? Or am I wrong? Sounds like a shooter from the description on Amazon.

Uncharted sounds interesting but very much a gun game? Or am I wrong? Sounds like a shooter from the description on Amazon.

Mixture of drama, hand to hand combat, shooting, puzzles, jumping, climbing etc. Quote Tomb Raider like in some ways. There is a lot of shooting to be fair, but when I think 'shooter', games like Call of Duty spring to mind really. Nothing like that. The trailer for the first game might help you to decide whether it's for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4fahAdNHpM

L.A. Noire is much less shooty if you're still thinking of that.

Skyrim will keep you busy for months. Epic and amazing game.

I ended up going for Sleeping Dogs after reading some good reviews and it having quite a long story.

Actually a bit more GTA like then I expected, but the driving around doesn't annoy me so much. Really good game so far, enjoying it a lot. Pretty violent though! Great mix of gameplay though, that's what I'm really liking. The fights are good.

I've got 11 days off work now and still stranded with torn knee ligaments, so will probably be playing quite a lot! Depending how quickly I get through it, I might move on to Uncharted afterwards as it sounds similar in a way. Spenno, will it matter if I go straight in on Uncharted 3? Or do I need to start at the beginning?

Last edited:
Completed Sleeping Dogs and still got plenty of holiday left!

Spenno, can I dive in straight away at Uncharted 3, or should I play the early ones first? 1 doesn't sound as interesting to me, but 2/3 do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566