Anyone Going to Boston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

Are any of you going to the Boston Utd game on Sunday. I'm going with some friends from school! I'm the only Leicester supporter going out of the group I'm in.

Wasn't aware there was a game on sunday - im also not sure of the distances involved in getting there. I might well go.

surely we aint playin Boston on sunday and Inter Milan on Monday

Boston is approx. 60 miles away and on the way/way back from skeggy goin from leics. So a stop ove ron Saturday night would be the best option and the game on the way home if you live this way.

fcukcov said:
Boston is approx. 60 miles away and on the way/way back from skeggy goin from leics. So a stop ove ron Saturday night would be the best option and the game on the way home if you live this way.

I'll be going from Ely. That's a 2 hr 40 minute train journey!

I'm sure it will just be a reserve game, like Kettering was. You may see 1 or 2 first teamers, but it's unlikely with Inter the next day, CL will probably want everyone available so he can change things about.

If any first team players do play against Boston, I would be pretty worried if I was them ;)

daddy or chips?:017:

From the OS. ;)

Boston Friendly Postponed

City's pre-season match against Boston United, originally scheduled for Sunday July 24, will now be played on Monday August 1, kick-off 7:30pm.

The fixture date was changed after consultation with United due to injuries to key figures in the Leicester squad.

The decision was made in light of the Foxes' prestigious game against Inter Milan on the following evening, allowing City to field strong side in each of the arranged friendlies.

The match will now take place at York Street in the week ahead of Leicester's first Championship clash of the new campaign at Sheffield United on Satruday August 6, kick-off 12:45pm.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~689331,00.html

And maybe Connolly too?

I'm assuming since that friendly has been postponed, it means Levein didn't think he'd sign the 2 players before Sunday. At least this way it gives him longer and they can still a friendly in before the start of the season proper.

BBC Radio Leicester seem to think another forum is more important. :icon_eek: :eek:

bbcradioleicester on another forum said:
Hello All,

We are taking the first phone in of the season to Boston United on Monday August 1st.

If any of you are going, and would like to join me at the ground to chat about the season ahead, send me an e-mail and we can arrange for you to be part of the panel.

We are really keen to get true blue fans on to talk about the close season signings, what will be an achievable finishing position etc.

You will need to be at the ground from 18.00 - 19.00.

If you would like to take part, send me an e mail to: [email protected]

Cheers

fosseman said:
Key injuries to the squad, eh? Kisnorbo = Morris perhaps? Hughes still crocked I guess.

If they are going to continue postponing it until Morris is fit we should eventually play the friendly about 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69