Anyone going to wigan this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

I am off up there with the guy I share my season ticket with. Am staying the night to go out on the lash so if anyone knows any decent watering holes up there or can point me to the best of the bad bunch. Let me know.

Ta.

I'll be there mate with me old chum Nottingham Fox. I fancy us for a sneaky win actually.

If you fancy meeting for a few pre or post match bevvies drop me a PM.

Me and dpjfox are going, its a "home game" for us who are exiled to the North West.

Do Wigan have under soil heating?I only ask because there is some snow,frost etc forecast for that area on Friday night/Saturday.I would have thought they do with it being a newish Stadium.

Watering Holes:

Champions Bar is directly opposite the main entrance to the JJB Stadium. Also theres a pub called the Red Robin, just a few mins from the ground opposite the cinema complex. These both have no problems with away fans.

It's a rugby league town so don't worry about the fottball fans. They are used to seeing cheltenham play there.

Never been to the JJB but with regards to pies, if it aint Pukka I aint eating it. Steak and Kidney for me all the way, beef and onion or the more general 'meat' ain't worth risking. Hoggies used to be my favourite at Filbo but don't think they made the short trip to the Walkers.

highland fox said:
It's the Pie Capital of the UK as well.

Surely that is Leicester?

No,I used to live in Liverpool and Wigan was renowned for its Pies up there.People from Wigan were known as Pie-Eaters,theres some useless information for you.

highland fox said:
No,I used to live in Liverpool and Wigan was renowned for its Pies up there.People from Wigan were known as Pie-Eaters,theres some useless information for you.

Oh yeah, I remember actually. Pie eating wooly backs is what the scousers called Wigan dwellers. I used to live in Liverpool too. Where in Liverpool did you live Highland Fox?

The Eldonian Village...Yeah nobody else has heard of it either! its quite near the Centre.I used to Manage a Betting Shop on Renshaw Street which was fecking rough,full of drunks and smackheads.

highland fox said:
The Eldonian Village...Yeah nobody else has heard of it either! its quite near the Centre.I used to Manage a Betting Shop on Renshaw Street which was fecking rough,full of drunks and smackheads.

Was it a Stanley racing? I got sacked from a Stanley racing shop when I was there.

highland fox said:
I used to Manage a Betting Shop on Renshaw Street which was fecking rough,full of drunks and smackheads.
enough about the staff, what were the punters like?

good call. see me on the leader board later!

maybe we should offer pressman to wign then. all the pies hes ever dreamed of. we can have ellington in swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669