Apparently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertfox

Craig Levein, Rob Kelly, Kenny Black and Peter Houston will be taking it in turns to manage the reserve team, obviously meaning that we will have no reserve team manager. IF this is true what does everyone think about it?

bertfox said:
Craig Levein, Rob Kelly, Kenny Black and Peter Houston will be taking it in turns to manage the reserve team, obviously meaning that we will have no reserve team manager. IF this is true what does everyone think about it?

Great idea, that'll mean that they each see who is progressing first hand rather than relying heavily on someone telling them that so and so is doing well.

Also it shows how committed to the club the managerial staff are. They will not let any old tom dick or harry manage the reserve team because they will want the team to progress in similar ways to the first team so that when (or if) they get called up to the first team they will not look so alien and be able to fit in quickly and properly.

Great idea, great stuff from Craig Levein and his staff.

Joe_Fox said:
bertfox said:

Great idea, that'll mean that they each see who is progressing first hand rather than relying heavily on someone telling them that so and so is doing well.

Also it shows how committed to the club the managerial staff are. They will not let any old tom dick or harry manage the reserve team because they will want the team to progress in similar ways to the first team so that when (or if) they get called up to the first team they will not look so alien and be able to fit in quickly and properly.

Great idea, great stuff from Craig Levein and his staff.

Sounds a good idea in principle, but my concerns would be the reserves will not have a definate manager, and will be random which might upset the team and reflect in proformances and results, but it's the reserves!

IF this is true then it's a fabulous idea

The reserves should be seen as an extension of the first team, instead of a completely separate entity.

They should play to the same formation, use the same tactics and operate the same set pieces.

And should be managed in the same way as the 1st team

mad biker said:
Not true, Black and Houston are sharing the job !

Cheers MadBiker, you are the man in the know.

mad biker said:

That's fine as CL trusts them. If the Academy lads want to get in the first team it is up to them. I hope a few step forward to claim a place. :wink:

Steven said:
mad biker said:

That's fine as CL trusts them. If the Academy lads want to get in the first team it is up to them. I hope a few step forward to claim a place. :wink:

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Maybe its a red herring.

step said:
Every thing I hear about levein just raises my opinion of him

Me too...please go look at Dawson Mr. Levein...he is 1,000,000 times better than Gudjonnson!

Foxes_Trust said:
CL was known at Hearts for watching as many academy games as physically possible & likes being aware of all the players at the club.

I hope .sad.with.dejection is reading this. :wink:

Foxes_Trust said:
CL was known at Hearts for watching as many academy games as physically possible & likes being aware of all the players at the club.

If this is true then that's great... not many managers bother to do that in the game, tho i have heard before that Dario Gradi, when he has time, take the under 15's coaching sessions as well as academy, reserve and first team... probably explains why they have brought through so many good youngests over the years.

A mate son played for forsest under 18's and he says Cloughy (No doubt I have spelt it incorrectly) used to get involved and watching the acadamy players of all ages. Only problem was, In his only reserves match he broke one of Cloughies rules, he was taken of and he did not get selected again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669