Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it has wi-fi?

The absence of Flash on the browser is poor too, annoying on the iphone but a massive gap if this is supposed to be the complete internet experience.

Saying that, I'm still likely to get one at some stage once the creases have been ironed out

Surely it has wi-fi?

The absence of Flash on the browser is poor too, annoying on the iphone but a massive gap if this is supposed to be the complete internet experience.

It does of course with later models also having built in 3G

I ddin't think it did have wi-fi?

I think it's the other way round to Durham said.... the first ones WON'T have wi-fi, but will have 3G.... they'll be releasing a wi-fi model after a few months.

At least that's what I'd heard.

I ddin't think it did have wi-fi?

I think it's the other way round to Durham said.... the first ones WON'T have wi-fi, but will have 3G.... they'll be releasing a wi-fi model after a few months.

At least that's what I'd heard.

This from the BBC coverage of its release

The cheapest iPad, which will come with 16GB of flash memory and wi-fi will cost $499. The most expensive version, with 64GB of storage and the ability to connect via a mobile 3G signal, will cost $829

Buyers of the versions with 3G connectivity will also need to sign up to a data plan with a telecoms provider

It's a bit pointless then?

They should have just made it into a mini mac book, instead of an enlarged iphone.

I really don't see the point...

It's a bit pointless then?

They should have just made it into a mini mac book, instead of an enlarged iphone.

I really don't see the point...

It's not an enlarged phone, it doesn't make phone calls. The only similarity between it and a phone is that it runs iPhone software.

It is a netbook with functionality stripped out, like a keyboard, and an operating system that is useful.

It's not an enlarged phone, it doesn't make phone calls. The only similarity between it and a phone is that it runs iPhone software.

It is a netbook with functionality stripped out, like a keyboard, and an operating system that is useful.

Its hard to see a use for it for me. OK it has a larger screen than my iPhone but won't really do anything more. Therefore it might be useful around the house as a web browser if you've got £400 to blow on it but I'm not likely to carry an iPad and an iphone around with me.

Its hard to see a use for it for me. OK it has a larger screen than my iPhone but won't really do anything more. Therefore it might be useful around the house as a web browser if you've got £400 to blow on it but I'm not likely to carry an iPad and an iphone around with me.

You will get one eventually you mark my words :icon_bigg

Its posts like that remind me why i gave you the name "comedy terrorist" for those of who still cant see it. When i said mark my words Leeroy actually marked them out of ten. :081: :038:

Why thank you kind sir. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670