Arctic Monkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6510

Saw the Arctic Monkeys on Sunday night. WOW. At the Cavern in Liverpool was totally packed and the whole crowd seemed to know every song, every word.

I was up the front jumping around and it was totally crazy. I see all the tour is basically sold out - I know why now. They started with 'Good On The Dancefloor' and apart from a salsa dance 5 mins in the middle of the show, kept going mad for the whole set. Brilliant night.

Young? I don't think they've started shaving yet

:035: :035: :041:

For the first time I'm excited about a top 40 countdown, Arctic Monkeys with their mass underground following and now NME readers (spit) are preditced no.3 in the chart, they were no.1 in the pre-order chart on Amazon but they are up against the scum of music, McFly, (spit). Monkeys, Fly! Catch the ****s.

It reminds me of when Oasis bursted on the scene and there was a rise in the singles chart for the first time in a while. So, if you like the song Monkeys have released, buy one and have a decent band catch some shitty teenyboppers.

Also the leader singer of Arctic Monkeys has called Babyshambles something I agree with.
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=9432

About time someone other than one of the Gallacher's pointed out hes a smackhead cockney **** whose lyrics have no reference to anybody just a scene in London being named drug-chic.

Also fack off NME. How I would love to develop a music magazine which doesnt get stuck up bands arses and then after the 3rd album rips em apart and their readers are so easily influenced, they will believe em.

I seriously this band are throwing a rocket up the music industry arse. Whereas there was a crackdown on downloading, Monkeys put their demos available to download and they are now profiting because of it.

I've tried to like these but I just don't get it,mind I never got Kasabian so WTF do I know.I don't think its too wise to spout on about other bands though,concentrate on your own stuff.I'm not a Babyshambles fan but I think some of Doherty's lyrics in his Libertines days did have a meaning to quite a lot of people.
I'm off to listen to some more Gloom Rock..

I've heard that one and the one about the dancefloor, they are OK but I just don't hear what the big fuss is all about.Still,its only opinions isn't it?

The Arctic Monkeys lyrics normal people (young lads) can associate, listen to Ritz To The Rubble, Mardybum and A Certain Romance.

Babyshambles and The Libertines talked of Arcadia and Albion, a pile of bollocks in my book and many other but beatuiful in others.

Comparison:
Arctic Monkeys
Last night these two bouncers
And one of em's alright
The other one's the scary one
His way or no way, totalatarian

and

Don't get me wrong, oh there's boys in bands
And kids who like to scrap with pool cues in their hands
And just cause he's had a coupla cans
He thinks it's alright to act like a dickhead

The Libertines
The arcadian dream has all fallen through
But the Albion sails on course
So man the decks and hoist the rigging
Because the pig mans found the source
And theres twelve rude boys on the oars

Babyshambles
Well I showed no decorum
Spilled my heart out on the forum
Looked like a snapshot
Of the most tragic day

Arctic Monkeys get to their point at the lyrics, though many of Babyshambles and The Libs lyrics are brilliant at times, you need to throw your thinking cap on.

ie. In this industry of fools
Musclemen and ghouls
If you're not a puppet or a muppet
Then you might as well call it a day-ayay

The truth here gets distorted
The wall scrapings get snorted
I'm welcome back if I give up crack
But you gave me my first pipe anyway

Anyway Joy Division are better than both of them.

According to 6Music today (tuesday) the single is outselling The SugaryBabbies (the other big seller) by a large margin and is on the way to being No.1

Would be good but the Arctic Monkeys probably sold 25,000 on Monday and the sales will drop off duing the week (hopefully I'm wrong tho).

When the LP is released next year it will be no. 1 without doubt.

It reached no.1, good news, McFly have showed themselves up on Top Of The Pops by shouting the song and trying to look cool, fack off you upper class git.

Well Done, Monkeys!, how about getting your next single Scummy to no.1!

Toe Tally brill!

Can't get over them getting to No.1

They is on 'Later than Jules Holland' next Friday (so it says in the TV mag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669