Are we F****t in disguise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

I'm fed up big time. What the feck is going on ? After 5-6 games the league can look rather strange, but with 10 played the true nature of the league is now taking shape. We're 3 pts off the bottom, we have no form,no money, we can't score, and the best striker is sold to Wigan. Levein out is not the answer IMO, but seldom have i seen a more depressing picture . We are starting to look like we could do a F****t. The sad thing is there is not much we can do about it. Sack Levein? whats the point at the moment. If another manager comes in then he would only be able to operate with Leveins squad.

I really don't think Levein should be sacked, it's much too early for that. I am becoming more concerned and less sure of Levein, but I'm still a long way of believing he should be fired.

The fact is, we don't have a team/squad strong enough for promotion, and with no money to spend, a new manager wouldn't change that. The squad Levein has built is young and has potential, and next year should be looking to make the playoffs at least. However, as Levein said himself before the start of the season, he was looking for an improved league position this season, and so far it looks like there is no way we're going to get that. At the minute Levein's team is underachieving by his expectations as well as ours. Things HAVE to change. We need to settle on a team, and evidently we STILL need to work on the set pieces! Are we still using the zonal crap? It's crazy. It clearly doesn't work. And neither does hitting our corners to the near post. Everyone else can see that, including our opposition...

Things to need to be turned around, and soon.

Being realistic Levein's been with us nearly 1 year. How long should we give him? IMO we should give him another year regardless what happens this season. If the unthinkable happens he would then need a great start to next season to save himself.

drummindefender said:
I give him 3 more matches

You've obviously seen enough then drummin. But what could a new manager do with these players? Don't forget there is alot of new players that have come to the club recently and although it looks naff, the big question for me is can we improve through the season in order for us to be more of a threat next year?

Brauny Blue said:
Being realistic Levein's been with us nearly 1 year. How long should we give him? IMO we should give him another year regardless what happens this season. If the unthinkable happens he would then need a great start to next season to save himself.

I gave CL until the tenth game of 06/07 season and I still do. However we are one year away from that and from now on the side has to begin improving or else he will have no chance of being deemed a success. He will have had by then nearly two years in job and that is long enough surely. :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

I know that CL has brought in a lot of his players but how many players have we got in the squad that are playing better now than when they and/or CL joined? Could City Sep05 beat City Sep04?

I personally don't think we are progressing at all, not even slowly, and as it stands we could easily beat Sheff Utds record of 53 unbroken years in the English second division. The current batch of players are generally made up of no-bodys. I really want us winning 3-4 games on the trot, moving up, but I just can't see it and the're ain't no easy way out.

I need another beer. :beer: :090:

Steven said:
I gave CL until the tenth game of 06/07 season and I still do. However we are one year away from that and from now on the side has to begin improving or else he will have no chance of being deemed a success. He will have had by then nearly two years in job and that is long enough surely. :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

We have to have patience, but we also have to see improvement - that improvement needs to be based on realistic expectations. For me, that means having a competitive team towards the healthier end of mid table.

If we are honest - there has been no significant evidence of improvement since CL took over. In fact judged on results, we have been tottering along in near relegation form for about 12 months now. The fact that we are only 3 points above the bottom club who have a game in hand after nearly a quarter of the season tells all.

In being honest - we would probably acknowledge that even if we part company with CL - its improbable that we could get anyone better.

IMO - CL was right to clear out the previous batch but that doesn't mean that the players he has brought in are any better. I don't believe they are - I would go as far as to say that the squad may be younger - but I guess opponents regard it as weaker.

Selling DC was good financial business - but it has downgraded what was already a pretty ordinary attack.

These are not good times.

I'm Fed up of hearing him say 'we didn't get what we deserved'!

Its a poor excuse for bad team selection, and worse subs.

our whole left side was makeshift, and there was no need with tiatto available, sheehan and gilbert aren't injured either.

And why take off Hume, he was playing well, and didn't look particularly tired,

Every game we are trying something different, its stupid, and it shows that levein is just throwing 11 men onto the pitch without enough thought.

I'm tired of these excuses, put up and shut up, or get out!

We will end up like the Trees if this goes on for much longer. Every time CL puts out a changed team and every time we give away goals because there is no defensive organisation. The attack looks impotent and the midfield carries lazy, brainless individuals. Where are the coaching staff in all this? It's a shambles and we're on the edge of oblivion.

I still say stay with Levein. To become Forest we'd have to sack him and his successor (which we probably would do as we'll do no better under someone else, unless MON fancies giving it another go) and get worse and worse managers until we're relegated...

I am behind Levein, but I'm not happy at the moment. All I want is a little run of good results (3 wins maybe) to give us that points cushion in the table and give us a few weeks with nothing to moan about. Even if we go back to being inconsistent then at least we'll have had that good period and will see it as a sign towards the future.

I'm not so annoyed about our corners anymore now that we're at least trying to put in different ones. What annoys me now is the constant changing of the first 11. Levein just cannot leave it alone, every game we have a different LB, a different CB pairing, a different midfield pairing, young players in, young players out... I just can't stand it anymore! Levein isn't helping himself, if he played a fairly consistent side for a few games at least they could get used to playing with each other, at the moment their unfamiliarity with each other is just making our performances worse.

Leigh said:
What annoys me now is the constant changing of the first 11. Levein just cannot leave it alone, every game we have a different LB, a different CB pairing, a different midfield pairing, young players in, young players out... I just can't stand it anymore! Levein isn't helping himself, if he played a fairly consistent side for a few games at least they could get used to playing with each other, at the moment their unfamiliarity with each other is just making our performances worse.

Nail. Head. Hit!

There's probably nobody on this forum that couldn't name an MON team right off. We always had a settled side and a regular squad of 16 or 17 players who would pretty much play the season out. For example, the midfield trio of Lennon, Izzet and Savage, with either Zagorakis or Oakes as back-up. Simple.

But what the hell is our best team now? CL doesn't know, and neither do we.:icon_sad:

At the moment we don't have a team, we have 11 individual players on the pitch.

Several for me are a real concern:

Johansson - doesn't look any better than Dabizas (and I thought he was crap)

Gudjonsson - huffs and puffs but we desperately need need a central midfielder who has composure and can get other players running off him, oh for a Gary Parker

McCarthy - little composure and gets turned far too easily

Kisnorbo - what is his role and does he know we play in blue

Cylla - total luxury player, when not on the ball does very little

Leigh said:
I still say stay with Levein. To become Forest we'd have to sack him and his successor (which we probably would do as we'll do no better under someone else, unless MON fancies giving it another go) and get worse and worse managers until we're relegated...

Yes - I'm afraid i would go along with that for the time being.

My gut feeling is that Levein is not a manager that is going to achieve much success here - but I don't think it's the right time to change yet again.

He's brought in several players who came with dodgy reputations - and they are quickly living up to them. He doesn't seem to know what team to turn out and - if a manager is really responsible - the team seems to be caught in the same re-occuring mistakes e.g. whereas once set pieces was our strength, its now one of our main weaknesses.

The problem is that we are caught on a long term downer - with falling gates , no money but the fans with high expectations - and therefore we have diminishing appeal to a prospective replacements of any great calibre or promise.

So we are left with the alternative of hoping that Levein can put things right.

I am in agreement with Steven, CL must be given until around this time next season to truly be judged, he will have had a full 2 years in the job.

I am not defending CL here because i find his constant tinkering with the team extremely fustrating. But is this because as fans we are notoriuosly(sp)fickle, we have put CL under intense pressure to get instant results, this aint going to happen, but CL must be brave enough to ride this out as well.

With young players you do have to protect them, the fans hounded Stewart, and to be honest they have continued now onto Gilbert and up until yesterday even Elvis was starting to be criticised for not scoring. Maybe we are influencing CL's selections, because he doesnt want some of the youngsters to be exposed to the crowds negativity. Hence the constant chopping and changing.

What we need is for CL to pick what he believes to be his strongest side, and if that includes players like Gilbert then so be it, then we as fans must get behind them and support them in a constructive manner, otherwise we may as well rip up CL 's blue print of the future, because to have a young side you require paitence and time, two attributes which sadly seem to be lacking from Leicester City.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am in agreement with Steven, CL must be given until around this time next season to truly be judged, he will have had a full 2 years in the job.

I am not defending CL here because i find his constant tinkering with the team extremely fustrating. But is this because as fans we are notoriuosly(sp)fickle, we have put CL under intense pressure to get instant results, this aint going to happen, but CL must be brave enough to ride this out as well.

With young players you do have to protect them, the fans hounded Stewart, and to be honest they have continued now onto Gilbert and up until yesterday even Elvis was starting to be criticised for not scoring. Maybe we are influencing CL's selections, because he doesnt want some of the youngsters to be exposed to the crowds negativity. Hence the constant chopping and changing.

What we need is for CL to pick what he believes to be his strongest side, and if that includes players like Gilbert then so be it, then we as fans must get behind them and support them in a constructive manner, otherwise we may as well rip up CL 's blue print of the future, because to have a young side you require paitence and time, two attributes which sadly seem to be lacking from Leicester City.

One of the key things Leveins said when he joined was that he wanted to create a team that fans could identify with. If he changes the team every game no one can get to recognise anyone and there's no rappor.

Even the workmanlike sides that Brian Little put together had full backing (apart from Jimmy Willis!) because among other things it looked like they were playing for each other and would 'run through brick walls' for the cause. Currently the team look don't look very unified to me.

When you listen to Leveins after match comments i feel like its listening to Sven. He comes across as a very dour person, which makes me wonder that he can't motivate his players. While i wouldn't expect him to be happy about a defeat, i'd just llike him to be more upbeat about things and hope it would rub off on the players. In years gone by when we have struggled, the automatic reaction was to be angry with the manager. Then after hearing the managers comments my faith would be restored. This guy does not do that for me and i feel like shouting to him " cheer yourself up Craigy boy because you are all doom and gloom". We are a club in the doldrums and a little more positive attitude wouldn't go a miss.

Poor results, poor football, poor excuses - things need to improve quickly. IMO a poor result on Tuesday seals CL's fate -the crowd will not accept another lacklustre home performance.

It seems we are sleepwalking into a F****t like situation though.
Ok we should keep with Levine but I dont see any motivation in the squad, some very ordinary players, some really poor players and a boss who seems to have no tactical nous (apart from the 0-0 triumph at Wolves!!) what so ever.

This is what happened under mental Mickey tactically so called lesser teams and managers outthinking, out fighting City.

As usual not a peep out of the board.
HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673