Army parcels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

Does anyone on here have any experience of sending stuff to our forces? A relative will be in Iraq for Christmas. I've bought goodies to send out but I've just noticed on the BFPO website that it says alcohol is not permitted. I've got a couple of whisky miniatures. Should I risk it or will he get into trouble? Do they search / scan the parcels?

From my experience it is best not to send anything they don't permit. Keep the minatures for yourself.

Mohammed , the alcoholic teddy, should go down a treat! Why not throw in a golliwog, with an appropriate name......how about a piggy bank as well

Does anyone on here have any experience of sending stuff to our forces? A relative will be in Iraq for Christmas. I've bought goodies to send out but I've just noticed on the BFPO website that it says alcohol is not permitted. I've got a couple of whisky miniatures. Should I risk it or will he get into trouble? Do they search / scan the parcels?

I wouldn't send them a clock

If you have a relative out in operation you may find the E Bluey service helpfull. Have you ever heard of it?

I generally find it's preferable not to send alcohol to people wearing machine guns and protecting our country.

Oh I nearly forgot, they're not protecting our country, they're invading another.

If you have a relative out in operation you may find the E Bluey service helpfull. Have you ever heard of it?

I hadn't until about a week ago but I have sent one, thanks. I'm not sure if it's one way as I haven't had a reply. He might, of course, be a bit busier than I am !

I generally find it's preferable not to send alcohol to people wearing machine guns and protecting our country.

Oh I nearly forgot, they're not protecting our country, they're invading another.

As someone who was very anti the war from the start I don't want to get involved in this discussion really. But if a relative is sent out there I can't see I have any choice but to support him.

As someone who was very anti the war from the start I don't want to get involved in this discussion really. But if a relative is sent out there I can't see I have any choice but to support him.

I would've thought that'd give you even more reason to be against the illegal invasion.

I would've thought that'd give you even more reason to be against the illegal invasion.

??

It certainly hasn't made me change my mind but me being against it isn't going to make the army withdraw or send him somewhere else is it?

Where is the law that says its illegal?

If you look at it that way all wars / invasions are illegal

??

It certainly hasn't made me change my mind but me being against it isn't going to make the army withdraw or send him somewhere else is it?

Of course it's not and you won't find him wanting your sympathy either. I went to Afghanistan for three months and, to be honest, I loved it. Alright the food was shit, the weather worse and there were some ****ing nasty creatures knocking around (and no, I didn't try and sleep with them!). But I spent 18 months training for a tour like that and I relished the chance to apply my skills. Not once did I think about the rights or wrongs and all the political bollocks and I don't recall hearing anyone else doing so either. My folks didn't worry too much either, perhaps because I was in the RAF and we didn't go on patrol, but I would never have wanted them to challenge the authorities on our right to be there should the worst have happened to me.

Anyway Siouxie I am sure he will really appreciate whatever you send him as there will be many hours where you are sat doing nothing.

Spot on Singth.

The forces have to be physical soldiers and not mental ones. Their job is too fight and protect, not to worry about the rights and wrongs. That could potentially cost them their lives.

They should be like robots, and all employess to some extent, follow orders and do the best job you can.

Of course it's not and you won't find him wanting your sympathy either. I went to Afghanistan for three months and, to be honest, I loved it. Alright the food was shit, the weather worse and there were some ****ing nasty creatures knocking around (and no, I didn't try and sleep with them!). But I spent 18 months training for a tour like that and I relished the chance to apply my skills. Not once did I think about the rights or wrongs and all the political bollocks and I don't recall hearing anyone else doing so either. My folks didn't worry too much either, perhaps because I was in the RAF and we didn't go on patrol, but I would never have wanted them to challenge the authorities on our right to be there should the worst have happened to me.

Anyway Siouxie I am sure he will really appreciate whatever you send him as there will be many hours where you are sat doing nothing.

I think I'd be good in the Forces then,I'm an expert in sitting and doing nothing for hours

Where is the law that says its illegal?

If you look at it that way all wars / invasions are illegal

An unprovoked invasion of another sovereign nation is contrary to international law, regardless of how odious the head of state of that country might be.

Siouxsie according to a programe last night sending alcohol is a definate no-no and being a muslim country would get him in deep shite. :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669