Post Match Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! And I'm as handsome as the current male heart-throb - except, of course, for the face - oh, and body.... plus personality! :icon_bigg

Joke all you want. But we have done the following this season:-

Showed the rest of division how to beat Man United.
Remain a blip in Liverpool's current excellent form after deservedly taking a point at Anfield.
On the balance of play, Arsenal should have neem beaten at the KP and we came away with plaudits as one of the best sides to visit Emirates all season.
Gave Spurs the biggest test of their current form on Boxing Day - they just got past us, went on to see off Chelsea 5-2 and gave they far more of a game than Arsenal did.

We are as good as any of the bottom 8 playing football.

The problem is playing them. Where we fail to take advantage of when we have the momentum in games. See Palace at home/away, Newcastle away, Burnley home, Villa away, WBA home, Sunderland home. In those games we had great, great chances to win.

Maybe exaggeration but for me we have one of the most underrated players in the division, Mahrez. He will mostly likely leave at the end of the season, join a top club and work on his finishing to become a very good player capable of Champions League appearances.

There's only two games for me where we've been shown up; Swansea away and Manchester United away.

Joke all you want. But we have done the following this season:-

Showed the rest of division how to beat Man United.
Remain a blip in Liverpool's current excellent form after deservedly taking a point at Anfield.
On the balance of play, Arsenal should have neem beaten at the KP and we came away with plaudits as one of the best sides to visit Emirates all season.
Gave Spurs the biggest test of their current form on Boxing Day - they just got past us, went on to see off Chelsea 5-2 and gave they far more of a game than Arsenal did.

We are as good as any of the bottom 8 playing football.

The problem is playing them. Where we fail to take advantage of when we have the momentum in games. See Palace at home/away, Newcastle away, Burnley home, Villa away, WBA home, Sunderland home. In those games we had great, great chances to win.

Maybe exaggeration but for me we have one of the most underrated players in the division, Mahrez. He will mostly likely leave at the end of the season, join a top club and work on his finishing to become a very good player capable of Champions League appearances.

There's only two games for me where we've been shown up; Swansea away and Manchester United away.

Agree with all of this.
(Except we were dire at Palace away as well. Which sort of started the rot.)

Agree with all of this.
(Except we were dire at Palace away as well. Which sort of started the rot.)

We had the better of the first 25 at Selhurst. Vardy should have scored about ten minutes in.

Good example how when a game when your performance isn't great though; Palace isolated our weaknesses and took advantage.

Last edited:
Defence is what has cost us the most, we didn't do enough to strengthen it pre-season, and we haven't done enough to strengthen mid-season either. Be a shame as a lot of our better quality players from this season will likely leave next year. i.e. Mahrez, Kramaric, Cambiasso

Huth, Wasil and Simpson are good enough to survive this league.

Agreed but I just don't understand why everyone keeps harping on about our poor defence. Our goal shy attackers are equally culpable.

If we can keep a clean sheet we earn a point at least.

Mahrez has fired 22 shots over his last six league matches – that’s second only to Alexis Sanchez’ 28 – whilst the Algerian’s 14 efforts inside the box are third to Sanchez and Raheem Sterling, with 16 and 14 respectively.

As Keegan always said - It is a very simple game. We just have to score more goals than they do.

Our defence is not particularly poor. Most teams have only scored 1 or maybe 2 against us.

We are just not sticking them away at the other end.

With the exception of Mahrez who always seems to be able carve chances out of nothing as he dances around the defenders, the rest of the strikeforce seem reluctant to take a first time shot, or be capable of getting it on target. Ulluoa always wants the extra touch before letting fly. I cannot remember the last time Vardy had a shot at goal!

Maybe they need to stay behind after training for shooting homework!

He had two on target in the 11 minutes he was on the pitch against Palace.

I think Mike's post was more pouting out the trauma of an early onset brain ailment. I find myself in the kitchen forgetting what I went there for all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566