Post Match Arsenal 2 - 1 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Gutted

Nigel Pearson is the man who cost us at least 1 point tonight and possibly 3. Apart from 20 mins after they scored and before half-time we were rthe better side. We were let down by two mistakes, and only by 2 mistakes.

Nigel Pearson is to blame because he is quite possibly the only man on the planet who thinks that either of thses two players should be in the starting 11.

Wes Morgan has had over half a season to prove that he is not inept at this level and he has comprehensivel failed to do so. He has been responsible for numerous conceded goals.

In Mark Schwarzer we have a goalkeeper who has taken the place of a keeper in Ben Hamer who had proved in an albeit brief spell that he was at least competenat at this level. Schwarzer was to blame for a goal at Old Trafford, certainly did nothing to stop the Palace goal at the weekend, and was solely responsible for a goal this evenung.

If Mahrez and Kramaric to a lesser extent (I say lesser because he did score) had their shooting boots on they could have rescued something for us. But in spite of them missing decent/good chances we still would have got at least a point if Pearson had done the obvious thing and not played Morgan and Schwarzer.

I can't believe that I am saying this but would have almost (almost becaise I can never bring myself to fully want us to concede more) prefered if we had lost by 5 or 6 tonight. Had we done so all of this bullshit about, "the palayers are clearly working for Pearson", "nobody could get more out of these players than Nigel Pearson", "the players are clearly behind the manager" etc. would be put-to-bed and maybe, just maybe, he would be fired once and for all.

Horrible. Fed up playing well and losing 2-1 to stupid sloppy goals. Has anyone got stats on how many times we have lost 2-1 this season?

Thought we deserved something from that. Played ok against, let's face it, a very good side. Roll on Man City.

Good Performance, and I like the setup, we always seemed to having a passing option and kept the ball better. Only poor performance was Wes.
Cambiasso, Mahrez and Kramaric look class.

Horrible. Fed up playing well and losing 2-1 to stupid sloppy goals. Has anyone got stats on how many times we have lost 2-1 this season?

I'll be up all night with the spreadsheets and opta records. Be back with you in the morning on that one.

Nigel Pearson is the man who cost us at least 1 point tonight and possibly 3. Apart from 20 mins after they scored and before half-time we were rthe better side. We were let down by two mistakes, and only by 2 mistakes.

Nigel Pearson is to blame because he is quite possibly the only man on the planet who thinks that either of thses two players should be in the starting 11.

Wes Morgan has had over half a season to prove that he is not inept at this level and he has comprehensivel failed to do so. He has been responsible for numerous conceded goals.

In Mark Schwarzer we have a goalkeeper who has taken the place of a keeper in Ben Hamer who had proved in an albeit brief spell that he was at least competenat at this level. Schwarzer was to blame for a goal at Old Trafford, certainly did nothing to stop the Palace goal at the weekend, and was solely responsible for a goal this evenung.

If Mahrez and Kramaric to a lesser extent (I say lesser because he did score) had their shooting boots on they could have rescued something for us. But in spite of them missing decent/good chances we still would have got at least a point if Pearson had done the obvious thing and not played Morgan and Schwarzer.

I can't believe that I am saying this but would have almost (almost becaise I can never bring myself to fully want us to concede more) prefered if we had lost by 5 or 6 tonight. Had we done so all of this bullshit about, "the palayers are clearly working for Pearson", "nobody could get more out of these players than Nigel Pearson", "the players are clearly behind the manager" etc. would be put-to-bed and maybe, just maybe, he would be fired once and for all.

This is total bollocks. You're trying to fit the story to your brief. We played very well thanks to solid tactics from the manager in the midst of a complete shit storm. You can't hold Pearson responsible for individual errors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be up all night with the spreadsheets and opta records. Be back with you in the morning on that one.
Cheers Ted, though you might be best served just to look through our fixtures....

However if you could work out a table based on every shot that hit the woodwork going in that would be genuinely fascinating.

Not having got out of the bed on the wrong side or been denied sex for the last twelve years, I'm not in a poor mood and really enjoyed the second half.

Sorry if that causes offence to those who would have liked to have seen us lose by a landslide.

"They were one of the best teams to come to the Emirates" - Theo Walcott

That was painful, especially the last few minutes. Classic 14/15 season defeat: lots of passages of good play, remained competitive, created good chances then didn't take those chances well enough. And obviously Morgan made a mistake.

This is total bollocks. You're trying to fit the story to your brief. We played very well thanks to solid tactics from the manager in the midst of a complete shit storm. You can't hold Pearson responsible for individual errors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed with it all until the last sentence.

Pearson chose to play those players after seeing that they are prone to error.

So to some lengths, he is absolutely responsible

That was what I expected from this season. Good game.

It's the Stoke, Palace, Burnley, Villa, QPR etc etc games that really piss me off.

You think Hamer would saved at least one of the goals because ... ?

And before you berate Mahrez, Arsenal had 10 shots off target. Are their forwards crap like ours as well?

Not having got out of the bed on the wrong side or been denied sex for the last twelve years, I'm not in a poor mood and really enjoyed the second half.

Sorry if that causes offence to those who would have liked to have seen us lose by a landslide.

"They were one of the best teams to come to the Emirates" - Theo Walcott

I don't mean this to sound aggressive Mawsley, I respect your opinion, but ultimately, Walcott's quote means **** all. We lost and we're going down.

great performance, very unlucky, beat villa sunday get some momentum for everton away, play like that we will win both

You think Hamer would saved at least one of the goals because ... ?

And before you berate Mahrez, Arsenal had 10 shots off target. Are their forwards crap like ours as well?

I wasn't going to berate Mahrez and I didn't say our forwards were crap.

I do happen to think that Hamer would have done better for their second but what I actually said was he did nothing to deserve being dropped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570