Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

Pretty good performance at the hardest place to go all season. Still one of the only teams to have scored every gameweek so far.

One of the best teams in Europe and we almost got a result. Terrible refereeing and jammy Arsenal bastards.

Should be proud of that as I didn’t expect a shot on target, made it an exciting watch in the end and I thought the subs and game plan was spot on.

Also the naivety of many on this forum to think we should turn up at the Emirates with any other mentality than stay rigid, frustrate opposition and try and smash and grab on the counter is laughable.

If half of you guys were in charge we’d have been 4-0 down by 20 minutes.

Final mention for Hermansen, I was amazed that he wasn’t poached at the start of the season, I’ll be shocked if this isn’t his last season for us. What a goalkeeper, and what a difference it makes to have a goalkeeper you trust.

4 huge games coming up. Need 9 points at a minimum.

I agree about Mads.
If Man City keeper doesn’t sign an extension I can see them coming in for him.

Watch out for the arm around him by Pep, when he shuts out the Viking ( who incidentally, didn’t score today)

Completely lost our shit in injury time
I don't think we did. They got a lot of luck with their third. Just before that, if Ayew had controlled the ball we would have had a good chance of getting a third ourselves.

Ndidi was very good. He could do with some help in the midfield tho'. Can't fault the substitutions either, so that's a plus. We simply can't continue to start so passively tho'. Maybe you get a pass for doing that at the Emirates, but we need to start the first half mush stronger against other teams. Buonanotte was a very good signing.

I don't think we did. They got a lot of luck with their third. Just before that, if Ayew had controlled the ball we would have had a good chance of getting a third ourselves.

Ndidi was very good. He could do with some help in the midfield tho'. Can't fault the substitutions either, so that's a plus. We simply can't continue to start so passively tho'. Maybe you get a pass for doing that at the Emirates, but we need to start the first half mush stronger against other teams. Buonanotte was a very good signing.
I wished we had signed him sadly we only borrowed him

All of the substitutions made weakened us at the end

Mavididi needed pulling and we needed some fresh legs over there, and the same goes for Vardy, but Buenanotte was still running. The others were shit and disrupted everything.

And putting two subs on with thirty seconds left to play just ran the clock down

He really can’t do subs, can he?

They gave me hope, the bastards. I was quite happy to accept a 4 -0 drubbing, and then they gave me hope!! Gutted now, instead of just feeling meh.

Arsenal recorded the highest xG of any side so far this season.

Arsenal had their joint highest number of shots since records started being kept in 2003/4 in this game.

Arsenal had 17 shots on target which is also their joint highest recorded number.

We faced the highest number of shots and shots on target of any side in PL history.

1727545270235.png

Yeah whatever - stats, smats

He’s a top top manager, and we’re lucky to have him

Arsenal recorded the highest xG of any side so far this season.

Arsenal had their joint highest number of shots since records started being kept in 2003/4 in this game.

Arsenal had 17 shots on target which is also their joint highest recorded number.

We faced the highest number of shots and shots on target of any side in PL history.

View attachment 18999
Were it not for Mads, our record would have gone.

Yeah whatever - stats, smats

He’s a top top manager, and we’re lucky to have him
He's obviously not but he's a representation of where we are at, for the moment.

Also the naivety of many on this forum to think we should turn up at the Emirates with any other mentality than stay rigid, frustrate opposition and try and smash and grab on the counter is laughable.
Are you genuinely suggesting that our first half approach was correct? Even after seeing what we could do to them in the second half?

No one expected us to go there and throw everyone forward but we also didn't need to spend 45 minutes with all eleven of our players in our own six yard box; that's just ****ing stupid.

This narrative has to stop. It's okay to say that we're not the team we were and that we won't win a bucket full of games this season; everyone agrees that's more than likely the scenario, but when we are incapable of doing the very basics correctly, when we are actively the masters of our own downfall, when we are making the same errors in defence week in week out, when our manager's substitutions make us weaker every game.... That's when this narrative doesn't stack up.

Arsenal destroyed us. We got a lucky break with the first goal and an unbelievable finish for our second and they both came from us being braver and more physical. We then made exactly the same error in going backwards, making defensive substitutions and upsetting any momentum we had earned.

Everton beat Palace today.... Let that sink in and think about how much easier it's going to get than the games we have had so far. Not much. Carry on doing what we are doing and we'll be cut adrift by Christmas.

He's obviously not but he's a representation of where we are at, for the moment.
Or a symptom of where we are now?

We needed to be more on the front foot first half, not “gung-ho” or any bollocks like that but play a few yards forward and retain possession more.

We needed to adopt the team press more and that may have pressured them into mistakes, there’s **** all point in going for it when you are behind, you may as well try and get your nose in front first and then push on rather than what we are doing.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57