Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

Outrageous that he couldn’t get our second win in 51 years at title chasing Arsenal with a newly promoted team.

Cooper out.

He's obviously not but he's a representation of where we are at, for the moment.
Why is he? That doesn't make any sense.

Forget the opposition, we are playing worse now than we did last season. That's a fact. We have thrown everything we were doing well, away and replaced it with a blank sheet of paper.

I know the same old nonsense argument of 'who would you have then?' will now be rolled out but that's a ridiculous position to adopt. We won't know who could do better but we do know that few could probably do worse.

Just as a sidenote, there's much talk about how Cooper 'kept Forest up' but since his departure they have become an infinitely better team.

If it starts badly against Bournemouth next week the fans could turn, hopefully he’ll get the players to turn up the first 45 mins…

Are you genuinely suggesting that our first half approach was correct? Even after seeing what we could do to them in the second half?

No one expected us to go there and throw everyone forward but we also didn't need to spend 45 minutes with all eleven of our players in our own six yard box; that's just ****ing stupid.

This narrative has to stop. It's okay to say that we're not the team we were and that we won't win a bucket full of games this season; everyone agrees that's more than likely the scenario, but when we are incapable of doing the very basics correctly, when we are actively the masters of our own downfall, when we are making the same errors in defence week in week out, when our manager's substitutions make us weaker every game.... That's when this narrative doesn't stack up.

Arsenal destroyed us. We got a lucky break with the first goal and an unbelievable finish for our second and they both came from us being braver and more physical. We then made exactly the same error in going backwards, making defensive substitutions and upsetting any momentum we had earned.

Everton beat Palace today.... Let that sink in and think about how much easier it's going to get than the games we have had so far. Not much. Carry on doing what we are doing and we'll be cut adrift by Christmas.
We didn’t, we left a striker up top for the vast majority of the first half and tried to get players out when we could. Arsenal are very very ****ing good at not allowing other teams to hold or create chances.

I thought we defended valiantly today, I didn’t see the same mistakes that you are alluding to. We defended 16 of 17 incredible corners and I thought Okoli and Faes nullified the majority of the threat inside the box fantastically.

Can you stop with this stupid narrative that we have to go forward and commit men up the field every time we have something to hold on to… it’s Arsenal away ffs.

They did destroy us, we knew they would, they will against 85% of the league this season.

Cooper did absolutely nothing wrong today. Ayew came on at the right time for the right player. BDR and El Khanouss gave us fresh legs when we needed it. The two thrown on at the end were there if we got a third lucky break… it was 100% different to the subs at palace, not the same mistakes. He didn’t bring Coady on or Choudhury and change his formation to park the bus.

Everton scraped through against Palace at home. What’s your point, we were a whisker away from beating them at Selhurst, a very different scenario.

I think it is worthwhile seeing where we are after we’ve played Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich and then we can compare to the likes of Everton and Palace. I see a competitive newly promoted team that are actually scoring and battling.

Sure things need to improve but it’s his 8th competitive game in all comps. Jesus wept.

We didn’t, we left a striker up top for the vast majority of the first half and tried to get players out when we could. Arsenal are very very ****ing good at not allowing other teams to hold or create chances.

I thought we defended valiantly today, I didn’t see the same mistakes that you are alluding to. We defended 16 of 17 incredible corners and I thought Okoli and Faes nullified the majority of the threat inside the box fantastically.

Can you stop with this stupid narrative that we have to go forward and commit men up the field every time we have something to hold on to… it’s Arsenal away ffs.

They did destroy us, we knew they would, they will against 85% of the league this season.

Cooper did absolutely nothing wrong today. Ayew came on at the right time for the right player. BDR and El Khanouss gave us fresh legs when we needed it. The two thrown on at the end were there if we got a third lucky break… it was 100% different to the subs at palace, not the same mistakes. He didn’t bring Coady on or Choudhury and change his formation to park the bus.

Everton scraped through against Palace at home. What’s your point, we were a whisker away from beating them at Selhurst, a very different scenario.

I think it is worthwhile seeing where we are after we’ve played Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Ipswich and then we can compare to the likes of Everton and Palace. I see a competitive newly promoted team that are actually scoring and battling.

Sure things need to improve but it’s his 8th competitive game in all comps. Jesus wept.
It's just ridiculous to suggest that we did anything right in the first half. Stats show that it was Arsenal's easiest game in the league for years and years. It'll be their easiest game this season.

It's may be his 8th game for Leicester. It's his 62nd game in the Premier League.... He's won 12 and his teams have conceded 110 goals in the process.

And while we’re on the topic, see if you can find the relevance in this run of results.

View attachment 19000
Well, you've got me with your reference to evidence from nearly 30 years ago when we were running the club for seven pounds fifty....

Should we have let Sousa continue after his first 9 games?

Come on now. Let's not get silly.

Last edited:
I thought the players were working their collective arses off today, did not see a hint of revolt on that pitch - and we were unlucky not to get a point. I don't care about 'deserved' we were 2-2 on 92 mins. That would've been exceptional, instead, it's 'meh', but not an embarrassment.

Well, you've got me with your reference to evidence from nearly 30 years ago when we were running the club for seven pounds fifty....

Come on now. Let's not get silly.
Year and club finances (???) are hardly relevant when talking about success that can be had when sticking with a manager past 8 games.

Talk of sacking our manager has already taken this debate into the ridiculous.

I thought the players were working their collective arses off today, did not see a hint of revolt on that pitch - and we were unlucky not to get a point. I don't care about 'deserved' we were 2-2 on 92 mins. That would've been exceptional, instead, it's 'meh', but not an embarrassment.
I agree that there was no sign of players not performing for him.

It would be interesting to hear what Ricardo and Fatawu are feeling about things however.

I agree that there was no sign of players not performing for him.

It would be interesting to hear what Ricardo and Fatawu are feeling about things however.
Hopefully that they know they need to pull their fingers out in training and force the managers hand.

Or that they need to be ready to take their chances when they come as a young premier league debutant and an injury plagued aging fullback.

Or they are professional and know it’s a squad game and they recognise there is always competition for places in a successful team

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57