Pre Match Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course avoiding defeat is possible. In fact I think it is probable.

Play the same 11 and there is absolutely no reason why we can't beat this lot. They hadn't scored in three games before Bournmouth. Huthy and Wes won't give Giroud a kick and Kante will be all over Ozil.

Play with the same mindset and intent as the last two games and we'll definitely score.

This is the one.In every sense.If we win this then the miracle is truly on.We never beat Arsenal.Even when we were flying under O'Neill Arsenal was the one side we could never beat.We beat everyone else.Chelsea,Spurs,Liverpool.Even the great 90s Manure side on their own ground.But never Arsenal.

I was there the night we last did it.At Filbert St...22 years ago!

As for winning AT Arsenal.Well...I've been a City fan for 40 years...& we've NEVER done it in that time.The crowd were in flares & sideburns the last time we won there.Beer was 15p a pint.

1973!

So...if we can win there EVERYTHING becomes possible.

Now somebody get me a ticket.I've got a spare kidney I'm not using.

This is the one.In every sense.If we win this then the miracle is truly on.We never beat Arsenal.Even when we were flying under O'Neill Arsenal was the one side we could never beat.We beat everyone else.Chelsea,Spurs,Liverpool.Even the great 90s Manure side on their own ground.But never Arsenal.

I was there the night we last did it.At Filbert St...22 years ago!

As for winning AT Arsenal.Well...I've been a City fan for 40 years...& we've NEVER done it in that time.The crowd were in flares & sideburns the last time we won there.Beer was 15p a pint.

1973!

So...if we can win there EVERYTHING becomes possible.

Now somebody get me a ticket.I've got a spare kidney I'm not using.

Given their recent form and seeing how much they allowed Bournemouth to attack today we should be confident. Our wingers don't have a habit of passing the ball out for a goal kick and we don't Hume it every time we get near the box...that was Bournemouth's downfall today. Even if we don't turn up against these we've got a decent set of fixtures coming up (on paper) and they've got the upcoming humiliation off Barca to come which will kick off another Wenger out campaign.

2-0 Leicester. Glover, Stringfellow.

Hi there, I wrote an article on Leicester's title chances a couple of days ago. Check it out and check out the other articles on the website too. We're new and up-and-coming. \let me know what you think.
I think you have been spammimg this forum by putting this post in all the threads you could find. Not the best way to advertise.

I guess that we all understand that the Liverpool and Man City results take away a lot of the pressure from this game. This is about as difficult a fixture as you can get. I just hope that we play well and if we get a result it would be fantastic. If we lose then a win at home against Norwich will soon put things right. I like the ref appointment as given in BN's post but there is a concern that in one of our away fixtures that a ref will mistakenly misinterpret an alleged swing of the arm/ hand by one of our central defenders as being an act of violence.

Arsenal are always the one team I really worry they could dick on us.

Throughout our recent history we always seem to be able to give all the 'big' teams a run for their money but Arsenal, and especially away, always seems to be one place we can't.

Hopefully I'm wrong but the only times I remember us putting in a decent show are when we have been shit - last year when we were bottom by a mile, the very last game on the season when we were already down and could have ruined their invincible season when Dickov gave us the lead and our very first PL season when Draper scored a penalty. And out of those 3 good performances, 2 were still defeats!

Won't complain if we lose and then go on another 10 game unbeaten run though!

I guess that we all understand that the Liverpool and Man City results take away a lot of the pressure from this game. This is about as difficult a fixture as you can get. I just hope that we play well and if we get a result it would be fantastic. If we lose then a win at home against Norwich will soon put things right. I like the ref appointment as given in BN's post but there is a concern that in one of our away fixtures that a ref will mistakenly misinterpret an alleged swing of the arm/ hand by one of our central defenders as being an act of violence.

Did you have a certain Mr Huth in mind? Or the Beast from Poland coming off the bench?

Arsenal are always the one team I really worry they could dick on us.

Throughout our recent history we always seem to be able to give all the 'big' teams a run for their money but Arsenal, and especially away, always seems to be one place we can't.

Hopefully I'm wrong but the only times I remember us putting in a decent show are when we have been shit - last year when we were bottom by a mile, the very last game on the season when we were already down and could have ruined their invincible season when Dickov gave us the lead and our very first PL season when Draper scored a penalty. And out of those 3 good performances, 2 were still defeats!

Won't complain if we lose and then go on another 10 game unbeaten run though!

Agreed.

I'm kinda dreading this one. Arsenal away is absolutely the worst fixture we could have right now I reckon. I've never seen us beat them.

I'd be over the moon with a point.

Difficult one to know how to approach, sticking to 442 and taking them on didn't work last time, but the team has improved defensively since then.

Starting 451 might be the way to go, it nullifies our threat but they will be desperate to win this so keep it tight early on and frustrate them.

Difficult one to know how to approach, sticking to 442 and taking them on didn't work last time, but the team has improved defensively since then.

De Last and Schlupp being replaced by Simpson and Fuchs hade made a significant difference to us. No doubt about it. 4-4-2. Same team is the way forward.

Agreed.

I'm kinda dreading this one. Arsenal away is absolutely the worst fixture we could have right now I reckon. I've never seen us beat them.

I'd be over the moon with a point.

I've never seen us top the prem in February either. They'll be under more pressure than us to win. If we do then it'll be ****ing fantastic but if not we've got a nice run of games coming up.

De Last and Schlupp being replaced by Simpson and Fuchs hade made a significant difference to us. No doubt about it. 4-4-2. Same team is the way forward.

Spot on. We now have two proper full backs, and it's a massive difference compared to that pair

The scoreline flattered them ridiculously in the first game

We can beat them, if we're on it

Yep, stick with 4-4-2.

Tough game and I think we'll lose, but have a go and get at them because if we can get an early goal again they'll feel the pressure.

This is the tough one, always have a negative feeling when playing these but we need to remember that they are totally without bollocks, if we can hit them first then we will have a good chance of an upset.

The crowd down there is notoriously shit, we need to use that to our advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566